• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New Weapon

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
As several of you know I love weapons. I have several bows, fake swords etc. Today I got a new replica weapon to add to my collection. Not actually quite sure what it is. It's a knife obviously, some sort of hunting or army knife, but I don't know any specific names or anything. If you recognise it feel free to post. And it's blunt, it's a replica for display, not an actual weapon.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Well, thanks. I've seen it before, mentioned several times, and until some fucker knows what it's called, I'm going to be wracking my brain figuring it out.

That aside, it looks very nice, and I am very jealous.
------
Kukri. It's a kukri. Here's a photo of another one for confirmation.

If you're at all interested, it's a traditional Nepalese weapon and tool, and is still used by members of the Nepalese army, including the Gurkhas.

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Wow that was really fast, thanks for finding the name of it! I'll have to research it now and find info about it. It's so much more exciting when I know what it is.

BigBob

Registered Member
I knew I'd find it because it looked extremely familiar.

Why did it look familiar? I have no idea.

It's called a Kukri Knife that was used by the Nepalese.

Edit: Guess I was too slow :p

Wade8813

Registered Member
That's pretty sweet! How much did it cost? I'm tempted to get one or two weapons just to have, but they're often so expensive.

Some of my favorite displays at the Louvre were the ancient weapons

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
That's pretty cool. It looks like it was well made and I like the pummel on the end of the handle. Where did you get it? Do you know if it is old or authentic? Or is it a reproduction?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
That's pretty sweet! How much did it cost? I'm tempted to get one or two weapons just to have, but they're often so expensive.

Some of my favorite displays at the Louvre were the ancient weapons
I have no idea how much it cost. My Mums partner found it somewhere when he went home for Christmas and he knows I love weapons so he gave it too me. They can be pretty expensive though. There is a store here that sells real steel replica swords and they can be up into the thousands.

That's pretty cool. It looks like it was well made and I like the pummel on the end of the handle. Where did you get it? Do you know if it is old or authentic? Or is it a reproduction?
It was given to me, and like I said in the first post it's a replica, more of a display piece and not an actual weapon. That's why the blade is blunted and not actually sharp (I wonder if I could sharpen it?). Although even though it's a replica the blades have rusted in some areas, and it certainly smells very old.

Wade8813

Registered Member
That's awesome. It's up to you, but I probably wouldn't risk sharpening it unless I talked to an expert first

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I just found out today that my replica is at least over 30 years old, probably a lot more. So it's probably best I don't try and do anything stupid like sharpen it. I don't want to damage it.