Xbox 360 New Vidoc on Halo Reach's Beta

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Swiftstrike, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

YouTube - Halo: Reach Carn ge Carniv le

I am still unsure how some of the armor abilities are going to work and still add for balanced gameplay.

It also looks like your accuracy lessens the more quickly you fire shots. Not sure how I feel about the reticle getting larger.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Armor abilities alone will ruin the game.

The few maps they showed look terrible.

The changing reticle size thing doesn't belong in Halo.

Basically it looks like the worst Halo game ever.

3. Swiftstrike

The maps I'm not concerned with yet. I havent played them so I am going to refrain from judgment.

I agree that the aimer reticle changing shouldnt be in a Halo game.

I also think that armor abilities will ruin the balance of the game. I am hoping they stay true to "everything is subject to change" mindset.

4. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Yah, the armor really does seem like something that will make or break the game. Changing reticle is annoying, but I've played other games with that and it wasn't super terrible. Good thing ill get to try the beta before it officially comes out so I don't have to waste any money.

5. KSpiceFantastic

KSpiceFantastic Haters gonna hate.

I personally am more excited for Halo: Reach than any other Halo game because of its new multiplayer ideas. The armor abilities make it so you can use them (but not spam them). The aiming reticule is to help ease newbies into it, and it will most likely be an option to switch on or off.

6. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

I am fine with these new ideas that they are implementing, I know that Halo Multiplayer was great and that it really didn't need any fixing. However, I do like the new ideas as it seem like it'll be a needed bit of new blood into the game. The new weapons that they talked about in the video looked cool as well.

7. Smelnick

Well that would definitely make things nicer if you can turn it off. What I don't get is how its supposed to help newbies?

8. Swiftstrike

In Halo 3 certain guns became less accurate if you fired faster, or there was a kick back and recoil for some guns that would reduce accuracy.

Like the AR if you burst the gun its way more accurate than flooring the trigger but the reticle never changed (it is noticeable that the accuracy is reduced but its not significant).

However in Reach it appears that accuracy and pacing with shots will be even more important since firing quickly it looks like will reduce accuracy significantly with all guns (even the shot gun).

I am not sure I like this, the one thing I liked about Halo 3 is how smooth the aiming was to allow for precision shots. I might find it distracting to pay attention to my aiming reticle size while shooting enemies...This could act as one agent of separation from good players to decent players though.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

It just seems like they're trying to turn the game into Call of Duty with the aiming reticle thing.

The armor abilities are a replacement for equipment, which was a failure in my opinion. The armor stuff will fail as well. It's just a gimmick, and a crutch for the weaker players.

Everything Bungie has done to the series since Halo:CE has been to try to level the playing field between good and great players. There's no more skill gap.

10. Smelnick

I can see why they'd wanna do that. Closing that gap includes a lot more players which means a lot more revenue I guess. But not so much if the dedicated fans start dropping like flies.

Seems to be lots of mixed opinions about this one, i'll just wait and try it before I pass much judgement I guess.