New trend: Dems don't advertise their party

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Last weekend we went to the local small town parade and fair. At the parade I noticed that not one democrat running for office had the word democrat ANYWHERE to be seen! There are always a bunch of politicians at this parade and (if memory serves me correctly) they usually identified the party and position that they held or were running for, you know "Vote John Smith Democrat for state rep, congress, or whatever. The area I live in is NOT a republican "stronghold" by any means. In fact, my perception its that it is democrat leaning, if anything. I kinda laughed (and booed) as the cowards passed by but didn't give it much thought until later. Then I saw a few articles along these lines:
CBS News Mobile: Story

From the article: "Not only are they running away from President Obama, they're running away from being Democrats in some cases. In some races you actually see the Democratic candidates not really mentioning that they're a Democrat in their campaign ads,"

Have you noticed democrats not acknowledging their party affiliation this year?

Wade8813

Registered Member
I haven't noticed it with Democrats, but I did notice it with Republicans a few years back. I think it's just a PR move that politicians pull.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
What Wade said.

Part of me wants to believe it's a sign of movement towards a day in which we don't have to hear anymore of these stupid labels. But that's only a smart part of me because the rest of me knows that as Wade astutely noted, it's just a PR move designed to blind the voters and everyone does it.