• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New Tech making Stealth obsolete

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
K. Its Russia and China but thats not important. What really matters is that the new tech totally will change up how countries have wars. Its like smearing a lens with candy on a high tech tool - now an inexpensive drone can knock out trillions of dollars of technology and even before the stealth warplanes can reach the border.
Drones trump Stealth Fighters

So what is the future of Arial warfare? What do you think the next gen will be?
Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If indeed they really have this, seems to be some question about this, I'm sure we will find a way around it. Apparently our military leaders have already thought about stealth technology becoming obsolete. I have faith they can come up with something better.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Lasers are cool but 2 problems.
1. They only operate at short range and the article says the Chinese drone can intercept at long range.
2. They need a whole team to operate the laser.
3. 1 laser = 1 shot.
They can help a lot with mortar fire but I dont think they will change up how countries have wars that much. But who knows? Basically heat lasers can be manmade and controlled lightning so with more research they could change things a lot someday.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
If indeed they really have this, seems to be some question about this, I'm sure we will find a way around it. Apparently our military leaders have already thought about stealth technology becoming obsolete. I have faith they can come up with something better.
We probaly already have drones that can intercept stealth fighters. But its probaly classified so nobody knows. If we do then that creates a balance of air power.
But whats scary is that drones are cheaper to build so if stealth fighters get massive down time because of the new tech then future wars could be fought with drones. And that could be a lot of new future wars.

I mean if they can do that with planes and now they are experimenting with robotic tanks then they will probaly try to design drone battleships too.

Btw sorry. I forgot how to do multi-quotes.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
We probaly already have drones that can intercept stealth fighters. But its probaly classified so nobody knows. If we do then that creates a balance of air power.
But whats scary is that drones are cheaper to build so if stealth fighters get massive down time because of the new tech then future wars could be fought with drones. And that could be a lot of new future wars.

I mean if they can do that with planes and now they are experimenting with robotic tanks then they will probaly try to design drone battleships too.

Btw sorry. I forgot how to do multi-quotes.
If we have it they may have stolen it from us. The Chinese are good at that.

No problem about the multiquote. Just hit +quote then insert quotes