New Superstars on ECW

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by wooly, Jul 1, 2009.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Great to see superstars being brought up from FCW and showcased on ECW. I was a bit worried about the ECW roster there but glad to see they're boosting it again with young superstars.

Great to finally see Sheamus O Shaughnessy (or just 'Sheamus' as he seems to be going by now) make his debut on ECW. I've been watching this guy's stuff in FCW for a while now and i think he could be really big. Reminds me of Test in a lot of ways, figure wise and style wise, he seems solid enough on the mic and i think he really impressed the crowd in his match on ECW. Only problem is with his new name change! Sheamus O Shaughnessy was a great ring name, but just 'Sheamus' is such a common name in Ireland, for me it's like watching a wrestler with the ring name "John" or "Bob" :p Probably a less heard name in America though so it should work fine.

As for the other superstars. Yoshi Tatsu didn't really get to showcase his skills at all so no idea, though he DID get a clean win over Shelton Benjamin. So that's pretty big. Abraham Washington got to showcase his mic skills in a really bad segment that i don't think did him any favours. It was just badly written though, there wasn't much he could have done about it. He didn't have the most charisma in the world though. And Tyler Reks we won't see until WWE Superstars on Thursday but he had a quick segment backstage. Not wooden at all on the mic, reminded me of RVD a lot for some reason.

I definitely recommend watching the latest ECW though if only for Sheamus' match. Maybe it's partly down to Irish pride, but i think this guy could be a huge star.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Well you knew this was coming after the WWE took all of their stars away and put them on other brands haha.

Some thoughts:

Abraham Washington looks like the Rock but he's definitely not as good as the Rock...at least not yet. I'll wait and see on his talk show although last night it was a complete disaster. I hope that was just debut jitters. Because that man did not display a gift for gab last night.

Yoshitatsu...interesting. Japanese wrestlers are usually good workers

Sheamus was impressive but he's the whitest dude on the planet

Zack Ryder was awesome there...we'll see on Tyler Reks.

Out of all of them I liked Sheamus the most and I think the pale skin is unique and should work...he kind of freaks me out. I almost thought he was elbino he was so frickin white. I liked his finishing manuever as well...Rock bottom on his knee.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Sheamus is the whitest guy that I've seen in the WWE. Almost as white as I am! Haha

Take a look at Sheamus' finisher:

YouTube - WWE Sheamus Finisher - FRH (Fiery Red Hand) [HD]

Looks very brutal and makes me cringe. Oi, very painful.

He sort of reminds me of a red headed, Irish Jack Swagger.

4. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

A Uranage into a backbreaker? That wouldn't work against a big guy like Undertaker.

5. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I dunno, Roderick Strong can pull it off against big guys pretty well and Sheamus looks like he's got every bit of the strength that Roderick does, but we'll see.

Haha yeah everybody on the internet is commenting on how pale he is, but that's just irish skin! The same skin that gets me sunburned every damn time i go on holiday :p

6. Anthony1975

Nobody in ROH is as big as Taker really though Strong is no pun intended quite a strong guy.

7. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I've seen him give a perfect uranage backbreaker to abyss who may be a few inches shorter than taker but is definitely heavier than him.

8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

If all else fails just give him another finisher. Heck, Taker has Chockslam, Gogoplasta and Tombstone Pile Driver. If Taker has 3 than surly Sheamus can have two.

9. Anthony1975

I used to watch Sheamus O'Shaughnessy when we had the Wrestling Channel for a promotion called Irish Whip Wrestling. He definately has the power just needs to catch a bit of sun.

10. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Knowing Vince and his antics he could always have Sheamus become a vampire. HEY! speaking of that Twilight 2 is coming out and what better time to have a vampire gimmick then now!?

Sheamus the Vampire - He'll bite you blue.

I should fill out an application for WWE head writer position. ^.^ /kidding