• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New Stat Idea: Total Words Posted?

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm looking at the stats page and I took note that there is a section for average words per post and a section for total posts.

I was wondering if it would be at all possible to create a new stat that lists all time words posted. I know the system already collects all of the necessary data (or the other two stats would be impossible to have).

You could just say to use basic multiplication skills between the two stats, but I think it'd be cool to have it all listed out to make it easy to read.

That is all.

Thank you.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
This would be very hard to track though, especially if you want to start from Day 1. But knowing Brix, anything is possible.

Great idea!

dDave

V.I.P.
This would be very hard to track though, especially if you want to start from Day 1. But knowing Brix, anything is possible.

Great idea!
Well the line of thought here is that we already have a stat for average words per post and another for total posts. Would it really be that hard to apply the two to one another to create a new stat? The system is already tracking all of the right information.

For example the stats page says that my stats are the following.

Average Words Per Post (All Time) - 7843
Total Posts (All Time) - 63

7843*63 = 494,109

Thus
Total Words Posted = 494,109

Of course that's only taking an average into account (actual numbers could change the number by up to about 1,000 points), but once again, the system has to be tracking the total words per post if it's creating an accurate average.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
So someone who just posted 50 long posts would probably make the top of average words per post but not on total words posted. :D