New Spiderman Villain Introduced!

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Mirage, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It looks like a new Spiderman villain was recently introduced. Marvel has done it again and created a villain scarier than most (if not all) of Spidey's past foes.

I wonder how Spiderman will end up defeating this guy? Seriously this could be an interesting twist. This guy definitely is up to no good though. I'm sure Spiderman will have no problem putting a stop to the madness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, it's real. It's in stores today.

Spider-Man and Barack Obama team up | Marvel.com News | Marvel.com!

Buy yours today for only $50-$100 or so....

Amazing Spider-Man #583 Barack Obama Variant 1st Print - eBay (item 310127316713 end time Mar-16-09 21:27:22 PDT)

Since when did real people show up in comics? Maybe this happens all the time but it seems rare to me.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Are you saying Spidey isn't real? :(

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Real people have been showing up in comics from time to time Hybrix, it also has a bit to do with the fact Obama is a huge spidey fan. He reads them all. I never thought as Obama as a villain (Yet). As for those prices they are jacked up sky high.

I got 4 copies of each for the cover price when they first came out.

4. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

"Plus I think Biden's still mad I confused him with the Vulture on the train that one time."

:lol:

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Hey I wanted a creative title that would draw some attention. Take it as you will. :lol:

As for you getting 4 copies, you should have posted about this back when you knew about it. I won't lie, I would have tried to get a few as well for collectors value.

So do you know of any other upcoming comic books that we should keep an eye out for? :D

6. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I thought you knew about those..They were all over the news.

Right now they are taking about doing more Obama addin comics. I have heard tale that there will be an issue where Stan Lee and Obama are rescued by spidey. But i haven't seen anything on it yet.

As for other cameos there a ton of them to try and find. Stan Lee on the cover of silver Surfer, Kevin Smith as himself in Bluntman comics, Todd McFarland in his Spawn comics as Todd the Bum. But right now those are all back issues. So just keep your eyes peeled for the next Obama comics and i will post about them when i see them.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Heres one that Im seeing advertised on Marvel.com right now :hah: thought you might like it hybrix...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2009
    Mirage likes this.
  8. SubZero

SubZero Registered Member

Uhh...why do they have to bring politics into comics too?

9. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

Back in the 60's The Beatles appeared in an issue of FANTASTIC FOUR.

John F. Kennedy appeared in a couple of issues of SUPERMAN in that same era.

Both Jerry Lewis and Bob Hope had long running DC comics of their own.

David Letterman appeared in an issue of THE AVENGERS where they were guests on his show.

The Original Not Ready For Prime Time Players teamed up with Spider-Man in...what else?...MARVEL TEAM-UP

And who could forget SUPERMAN Vs. MUHAMMAD ALI?

Those are the ones that came to me off the top of my head but trust me, literally hundreds of real life celebrities, actors, writers, athletes, etc. have appeared in comic books.

10. Jindrax

Jindrax Registered Member

Im loving this add real people theme :D i hope one day ill find a descent comic store in Brussels :( !!