TV New South Park episodes

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Millz, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Anybody see the new South Park episode last night? Thoughts?

I thought the Cartman and Butters stuff was funny (I love when Trey pretends to be a Chinese) but the Indiana Jones stuff wasnt that funny to me. I understand where they were going with it but it didnt connect with me personally bc i dont care for those movies.

2. Mustardsky

Mustardsky Registered Member

i saw it was funny when butters kept shooting people in the nuts

3. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I loved it because those were my exact thoughts on the last Indy movie. I would have joined their crusade if possible.

The Cartman and Butters stuff was great too. Gotta love Butters great aim.

4. Mustardsky

Mustardsky Registered Member

lol when they pretended that they were Chinese that was priceless and George Lucas raping a storm trooper i almost died of laughing wonder what the next episode will be cant wait until next wensday

5. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Honestly, I wasn't wowed. In fact, I was a little bit disappointed. Here's why:

The Chinese segments never delivered much. "Herro, preez" was really phoning it in; the stereotypical dialogue never approached the cleverness of the "Stop breaking down my shitty rawl, you stupid Mongorians!" stuff from the "Child Abduction is Not Funny" episode, or the 'penis size' gag from "Chinpokomon". And the 'shooting in the dick' bit, which could have been classic, was ruined for me by Cartman's continual overreactions.

With the Indy parts, they took a perfectly legit premise (Spielberg and Lucas as evil money whores, from "Free Hat") and killed it with a sequel that led virtually nowhere. Sound familiar? The irony is so thick, you could cut it with a scimitar. Yes, the storm trooper visual was a funny one, but it hardly justifies the entire subplot. I wonder if the boys realized that, in creating this episode, they were doing with apparently straight faces the very same thing that they were lampooning the Raiders execs for doing.

By the way, can somebody tell me what movie the pinball scene was lifted from? I know I've seen it before, but I can't quite put a finger on where.

6. Mason

Mason phawq

It was an alright episode. Definitely not as good as free hat, or chinpokomon (Though that was on Japanese, not Chinese), But it did seem better than season 10's crap.

7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Eh, tomato/tomahto.

"Conjoined Fetus Lady" was yet another example of more humorous stereotyping, flipping the whole thing on its ear with the Chinese dodgeball announcers making fun of Americans. "I'll use my credit card. Do you have any non-dairy creamer?" Good stuff.

('grats on 500th post, btw)

8. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

I can't stand South Part, they'do' go over the top with their humour, but even if it was within my taste... it's just not funny or entertaining.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  9. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Even if it was within your taste you wouldn't find it funny or entertaining? That has to be the most self defeating sentence I've seen all week.

I haven't seen the new episodes but cheers for the reminder, I'll try and see it asap. The last season was awesome, they really are stepping it up with each season.

-----------

I thought that was a great episode. The build up to the rape stuff was hilarious.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  10. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

I meant what I said. It's far from being within my taste, but even without it's tasleless humour, I'd still hate it.