• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SEGA "New" Sega Genesis

BigBob

Registered Member
I figured I'd post this for those nostalgic people who were considering looking around for old systems.

Currently, Toy's R Us and Meijer ($49.99) and Walmart ($59.96) have "new" Sega Genesis' for sale. They come preloaded with 80 games (40 Sega, 20 Arcade, 20 "Brain"), two wireless controllers and a cartridge slot for those who still have some old games. I haven't looked at other places, just tried to find a couple of different ones for people so they had options.

I'd say it's a pretty nice deal seeing as you get some of the best games that were ever made for the Sega already on the system.

Here's a list of the games in spoilers:

40 SEGA GAMES:
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Arrow Flash
Bonanza Bros.
Chakan: The Forever Man
Columns
Columns III
Comix Zone
Crack Down
Decap Attack
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Ecco
Ecco 2: The Tides Of Time
Ecco Jr
ESWAT: City Under Seige
Eternal Champions
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Jewel Master
Kid Chameleon
Meijer.comRistar
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Streets Of Rage1
Streets Of Rage2
Streets Of Rage3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog II
Sonic 3D Blast - Flickie's Island
The Ooze
Vectorman
Vectorman II
Virtua Fighter II

20 ARCADE GAMES:
Cross the road
Jack's Pea
Jewel Magic
Curling 2010
Fish Story
Mahjong
Warehouse Keeper
Chess
Memory
Snake
Meijer.comAir Hockey
Spider
Naval Power
Mr. Balls
Cannon
Fight or Lose
Bottle Taps Race
Bomber
Checker
Hexagonos

20 BRAIN GAMES:
Reaction Match
Whack-A-Wolf
Mirror Mirror
Memory Match
Tresure Hunt
Fire Fly Glow
Panic Lift
Black Sheep
Space Hunter
UFO Sighting
Flash Memory
Magician Corner
Color Puzzle
Brain Switch
Mega Brain Switch
Meijer.comBulls and Cows
Logic Dial
Match Eleven
Formula Challenge
Sudoku Qui

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Aw man! No boogerman! That was always my favourite Sega game besides the sonic games. I might have to look around in Winnipeg to see if they sell em here. That would be a lot of fun to play. I know PretzelCorps has this xbox game where you can play sega games, but playing on an actual sega would be fun. I had bought a Sega at a garage sale, but then I leant it to my brother and he left it behind at someplace after he had to move out after it was raided by the cops.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Wow, that's so awesome. Thanks for sharing, Bob, because I hadn't heard about it.

Is this officially put out by Sega?

Millz and I may have to consider getting it just as a party game sort of system to have in the living room. Old school gaming is the best when you're hanging out with friends.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Holy shit is this for real?

I think I may have to friggin get this haha

And it says you can use old games in it? I may need to find mine...my Sega doesn't work but the games are all good still.

dDave

V.I.P.
I've still got a Sega Genesis in almost like new condition. My only issue is that I need an AV cable for it. Currently the only way I can connect the thing is with the single coaxial RF adapter.

I still have my sonic collection cartridge as well as a Sonic 2 single game cartridge.

This is still tempting. I wonder if all the old games are scaled to HD?

BigBob

Registered Member
It's by a company called AtGames.

I actually just came across a hand-held version of it ($59.99) that also comes with two Street Fighter games and a Mega Man game as well. It looks like all the games I listed are also preloaded on it.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Is this just in America? I am struggling to find anything on it in the UK. Pretty jealous as I would love to own one of these.

BigBob

Registered Member
Is this just in America? I am struggling to find anything on it in the UK. Pretty jealous as I would love to own one of these.
I was looking for a site in the UK, but I don't really know what big stores you guys have. I'm not sure if any of the stores, like Meijers, ships to the U.K. You can always try the companies website store, but it looked like they were out of the console and only had the handheld version right now.

Konshentz

Konshentz
List looks decent. This seems like a pretty good deal. I have my old Genesis and the only games I still have interest in (NHL '97, Road Rash II, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, MK II, Madden NFL '95).

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
That is so cool. My mom and I used to play Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine constantly. LOL Roadrash. I was just talking about that game with someone else. I always loved hitting people with the chain. I laughed every time.

I let my younger brother and sister use my Sega Genesis, then they had a fire in the house and it was ruined.