New seeding for 2006-2007

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, May 16, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Reports are that David Stern will change the seeding for the playoffs next year. It will still be the three division leaders that will be 1 threw three but then the fourth best record will be seeded fourth. Would you like this to happen? Personally I think it would be better that way, and hopefully they'll change the rule.

2. This is the way it works:

The division leaders plus the next best team are ranked on their own based on record. The rest are ranked like they are now (by record).

So this year the Mavs had the second best record. Under the new system they'd be ranked second and not fourth.

3. Babe_Ruth

Oops that's what I meant I just didn't re-read wha I wrote. I like this new system better because it makes more sence then the old one, why be forth place when you have a better record then second place. I like the other rules that the NBA is changing, even though there not that big.

4. I always thought they should do it that way cause the Nets always seem to fuck a team over when they win a division and get the 3 seed when the 4-6 seeds are better. That didn't happen this season but it definately did last year whent he Celtics won the atlantic with a slightly above .500 record.

Simply, the top 8 teams should make the playoffs...nuff said. All the division leaders will make it somewhere I'm sure, but I think it's pretty weak when the crappier team gets home court advantage because they're in a weaker division.

5. Babe_Ruth

I agree like the Atlantic division is obviously the weakest division in the Eastern Conference, but like you said the Nets had there third best record this year and they did belong in the third spot, but I agree I hope they do change the rule.

6. RajaB

RajaB Guest

i like it better but i want the whole thing to be like that