New Rick Astley Single

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not surprising. He decided to take advantage of his renewed popularity and launch a single.

YouTube - Lights Out - Rick Astley

Definitely a different style than his 80's stuff. Not bad at all if you ask me. I guarantee you he wasn't planning on relaunching his career before some internet fool just happened to pick his song for a prank on that infamous day a few years ago... :lol:

EDIT: I guess he has at least one additional new song:

YouTube - Rick Astley - Goodbye But Not The End

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
omg I'm loving that song lol.
And oh he's changed so much [obviously] because I haven't seen any picture of him besides his "never gonna give you up" video. :lol:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was pretty surprised myself at the style change. I actually bought that first song I posted off of iTunes just now. :D

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I heard it a few days ago, I was surprised when he came out with a new song, but it's a good business move if you ask me. He's not a bad singer in my opinion, and this song is pretty decent.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Not to say it's a bad song, I am just not loving it, tbh. But maybe if I hear it a few more times, I will learn to appreciate it the way I do his "classic". I mean, I hear that song more often than any other song. Not bad though.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I remember him saying in an interview a while ago that he wouldn't be back in the music industry despite the popularity of Never Gonna Give you up.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
:lol: somebody got a lot better at writing songs.

Not to mention the fact that he sounds completely different (better I might add). He also looks a lot different.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I remember him saying in an interview a while ago that he wouldn't be back in the music industry despite the popularity of Never Gonna Give you up.
Let's face it. Never gonna give you up means never gonna give you up. It's clear that song was referring to his career at this point. :D

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
Wow, he definitely looks a lot different. I don't hate the song, I don't love it. It is a bit.. Clay Aiken-ish to me. I'll have to look up the lyrics to know whether I can fully appreciate this song or not, but I'd say it is a decent come back song!

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
It's not bad, but not anything I'll be adding to my library.

And "Never Gonna Give You Up" was never a bad song to me.