New reading material needed

Puck

Registered Member
So, I'm leaving in alittle over two weeks to Africa and well, that's not going to be the shortest of trips. It's going to take me two days to get there!
So, I was wondering if anyone had any good book ideas for me to bring along?
I go through different types of books all the time; recently I've read the Kite Runner, Water for Elephants, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, the Time Travellor's Wife and October(by Richard B. Wright, a Canadian author)
I'd love to get my hands on the Motorcycle Diaries, but it's proving difficult to find.
Does anyone have any ideas for titles that I might enjoy? Of even just an author and I'll go hunting for something by them.

Thanks!

Puck

Registered Member
Author of My Sister's Keeper, yeah?
I've been meaning to read that for ages...I've heard good things about Picoult, I'll check her out.
Thanks. :)

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Well, I can only suggest what I know, which is pretty much all fantasy fiction. :lol: Can't go wrong with some Terry Pratchett, for the brighter side of fantasy, or Terry Brooks for the more serious side. I love them both equally, though.

Another decent author, the omnipresent Stephen King...:-o Maybe Blaze and Cell, my two favourite King books. :dunno:

And then there's James Patterson for mystery/thriller. I love the Alex Cross books. I have a bunch on standby, waiting. :nod:

Twitch

Registered Member
You should try out the book version of I Am Legend. It was written before the movie and I think it's better.

You should also look up 7 Steps To Midnight. It's a suspense/mystery, very entertaining.

Puck

Registered Member
Hah, so I took your suggestions and wrote them all down but forgot the paper at home, so I ended up getting two Steve Berry books instead.

Someone else did just mention 7 Steps to Midnight to me though, so I'll probably look for that one at some point.