New RAW Owner *Spoiler*

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by wooly, Jun 16, 2009.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I haven't seen last night's three-for-all yet, but it seems that Vince McMahon has 'sold' RAW to Donald Trump!

I think this is a crap move. I can't stand to see Donald Trump attempt to act on ANYTHING. It's just..... Painfully bad. His feud with McMahon before was one of the worst celebrity involved feuds ever. Every line he delivers is just...... ugh. And does anybody really... care about Donald Trump? He's not someone who's gonna make things more exciting on Raw. I'm hoping that he's only going to make very occasional appearances at most.

As far as i know Trump is still going to announce a new Raw GM next week. I think Flair is the most likely candidate but as always i'm going to expect the unexpected. Cus i wasn't expecting that! :p

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't like the move either, couldn't they find someone else to pretend to own Raw than Trump. I am really looking forward to know who the next GM will be though. Hopefully it's some great that we would never expect. The last couple of GM's have sucked, so I don't think they can do any worst.

3. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Trump isn't even going to be at most of the shows...its a curious decision but one that MIGHT garner some ratings...but probably not.

the crowd went MILD when Vince announced Trump was the new owner of RAW...I love how they forget when Vince owned Smackdown and Flair owned RAW a couple years ago.

As far as Trump goes I dont really like it but I wont shit on it until he sucks.

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Yeah i'm trying to think like that but everything i've seen him in, from his feud with Vince to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, has just been AWFUL. He delivers lines worse than anybody i've ever seen. So however he is going to be involved, they're gonna have to have him in one hell of a storyline to make it any bit good i think.

I'm hoping he won't be involved much. He'll name his new GM next week and hopefully it'll be someone good and they'll run the show. But i guess if he was hardly be involved, it'd make the angle seem pointless. So we'll probably be seeing a lot of him at some points.

I won't completely shit on it til i see it where they go with it but at the moment i'm.... not feeling very optimistic.

5. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I fail to see the logic in this storyline. It seems they are clutching at straws here.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I think you'll all get a laugh out of that. Hehehe

It's amazing what drama you can create creating storylines! :eek:

7. Babe_Ruth

I can't believe people actually thought Vince would sell Monday Night Raw to Donald Trump. He's worked so hard to make it what it is today, why would he sell it. Man people are idiots sometimes.

8. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

I believe it. The sports entertainment business is based on the gullibility of the fans.

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Pssf... I always find it funny when people say "Why you watch wrestling, it's FAKE?" Like most of us didn't know that. And, when something like this happens I always laugh out loud because the true gullibility is from the people who don't even watch the show. The investors and news organizations need to be told by a press release that it wasn't a real sell. The fans knew what was going on. If ANYTHING, we were debating on how Donald Trump was a bad decision, not "Oh noz, wat did Vince do!?!?! Donald is the NEW owner? WOOOOOOOAH!" or anything like that.

So, yeah, all the people who needed the press release are the gullible ones, not us fans. =P

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  10. Babe_Ruth

Yeah you make a good point Vilky, I never really thought about it that way. I bet you anything that a lot of the people that believed was real think wrestling is Fake, and nothing from it is real. I think it would be bigger news than this if he really sold it to Trump. Another thing is if he did sell it to Trump it wouldn't only be Raw it would be the entire WWE.

viLky likes this.