• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New Pro-Life Billboard

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Michael Ebert, the president of LifeCore - a pro-life organisation that paid for the advert - defended the message, saying: 'It's the way teenagers talk. If someone is out too late they say "my mother's going to kill me".

'This girl has gotten pregnant and she says 'my mom's going to kill me'. Bay Area Pregnancy Services provides alternatives for abortion and helps the girls who get into this situation.
Michael Ebert, the president of LifeCore, is a liar.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1318711/My-mother-going-kill-Anti-abortion-billboard-straight-talking-message-causing-controversy--confusion.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz11mWmfq8i

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't think this billboard is going to change anyone's minds or help the pro-life cause.

The pro-choice side is just going to see it as an offensive gesture, and it's not really going to accomplish anything good.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Is it wrong that I found that slightly humorous?

Honestly, the first thing I thought when I saw that was "lololol i see wat u did thar", and now I really can't take it completely seriously because of how I somehow find it daft.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
No I don't think it goes too far. I have no problem with the billboard at all and the message it sends.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't like the violent images route either, and would agree that those go too far. This billboard on the other hand says it like it is. It's true. It makes people squirm. It makes people uncomfortable. It makes people feel guilty. The abortion debate has never been about making people comfortable. We're talking about killing your baby here. People who support that need to be confronted with the terrible reality of their choice. Maybe some people who see that will think twice before ending innocent lives. That makes it worthwhile.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
You know, thinking about it a little more, I can probably pass off my initial reaction as just that - a reaction. But I'm actually starting to think "Yeah, this is actually a good slogan".

Let's face it, there's really no need to pussyfoot around the issue, if you leave it that long, you are ultimately killing a human being. This doesn't pull any punches, and I can respect the pro-life side for that.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I don't think that the billboard is offensive or goes too far. However I also don't believe that most women who choose to end a pregnancy have done so thoughtlessly, and they're fully aware of the implications.

I think that instead of spending money on advertising to promote a cause, it's far more effective to use that money on preventing the need for abortion - helping women with the costs involved in having a child that they are not prepared to have, and spending money on pregnancy prevention education.

I'd say the same thing if it were a pro-choice billboard, by the way.

Dabs

Registered Member
It's a billboard that'll make you stop and take notice, that's for sure~
But I see nothing wrong with it, doesn't bother me.

BigBob

Registered Member
I see no problem with it. I'm pro-choice myself, I don't find it offensive or anything.