New President

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Babe_Ruth, May 5, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't know if this is a good topic to discuss or not, but I still decided to post it.

The United States will have a new President shortly my question is this. Will the new President help make your country and better place, or it's going to stay the same has it is today. Or is he/she going to make it worst?

2. ChinUp

ChinUp ยค Breathe

What did you think of Senator Mike Gravel from Alaska ? A president who doesn't see Iraq as a threat is what the states needs IMO ..

3. Stay Away

Stay Away Guest

It depends. If America votes in another major party candidate who's main policies include broad generalizations on pretty much evrey issue then you can expect the same bumblings from them as you did from the Bush administration who has in its entire seven years inacted only one good law (the National No-Call registry).

However if an independent candidate with a logiacal or at least predetermined strategy for thewir presidency is elected, then maybe we can do something about AMerica's current situation.

Ron Paul for prez

4. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Chances are that the new President will be a ticket punching useless POS. He will use his position to appoint his own friends and party members and spend his time consolidating his power. The chances that America will have a decisive President after the next election are about as likely as Jesus being a buddist.

5. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

The closest thing that I've seen to a positive candidate in a whiole is Obama. I really like his outlook on a lot of subjects. He's a democrat that has worked with conservatives on several bills, and doesn't seem to care about the bi-partisian division in the United States today. I like to think of him as the new age "Mr. Smith" from "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" if you've seen that movie.

I'm pretty hopeful, I think a lot of it has to do with the media. It's not necesarily the media's fault that Bush did such a bad job, but they certainly did not help the administration at all.

6. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Don't see Iraq as a threat? What are you people thinking? Do you think if we just leave Iraq the bad people will go away? We're not kids anymore, closing your eyes and hoping the monsters go away worked as a kid, not as adults in the real world. There will always be people hell bent on destroying our nation. Unless we deal with it, they will continue to try and destroy us like they have been doing since the early 70's.

If anything we need someone like Giuliani who is a strong supporter of our nations defense.

7. Epsilon

Epsilon Guest

You seriously want a president who will swiftly remove our troops from Iraq, allowing the deaths of our fellow citizens to be in vain?

We need a president with the care of human rights in his right hand, freedom among people in his left, and peace in his mind.

We need this president to finish the war in Iraq, accomplishing what we had intended to do once we got there. Not execute a premature withdraw, solving nothing, and causing pain.

8. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Sociopolitically, all deaths in this war are in vain, as they pursue a course of action which has no ability to succeed, much like keeping Yugoslavia together.

If we elect a president that wants us out of Iraq, that believes we never should have been there, he's following a course of action the people want, and in a democratic society he would logically do according to poll numbers and popular opinion. Having 3,000 people die in 'vain' is bad, having any more die for a war that was pointless from its genesis is worse.

9. The only candidate worth voting for right now is Ron Paul. He is the most Libertarian-minded candidate.

10. rozzlapeed

rozzlapeed Guest

I wish Ron Paul was getting more air time. The dichotomy between what he is saying and what the rest of the candidates are saying is staggering. I don't agree with all of his positions, but I know what his positions are, I know that he has rational justifications for them, and I can see that the positives of a Ron Paul presidency would far outweigh the negatives. Having said that, I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning the nomination. Even so, I'll still be voting for him as a write-in candidate.