New, Powerful AMG!

Discussion in 'Autos' started by Pugz, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

2. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

This was on last weeks Top Gear. Fantastic car and although I am not a fan of Mercedes-Benz, this is a car I would love to have for a weekend toy. Hopefully they'll do things like this more often now that McLaren has left them (thank god).

3. Pugz

From what i've seen down at the local Merc dealer, they're not very good for the enviroment. Y'know how things come with A-F/G ratings? (Then again you might not XD) Well they usually score around E or F. I never liked Mercs anyway.

4. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

Yeah well this might sound bad but I love gas guzzling performance vehicles. One of the few pleasures I get.

Also on a side note the Prius is worse for the environment than an H2 Hummer.

5. Pugz

You tend to fine these days that larger trucks aren't as gas guzzling as you expect, my dad's truck is like that and another example would be the....land or range rover.

6. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Hm...sephy how is the prius worse than the h2? Thats pretty amusing.

Blueyes likes this.
  7. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

It does more environmental damage to create. Also it costs more per mile overall. I can find the article if you'd like. It backs up why hybrids are a waste of money and that we need to move to an actual change of fuel beside gasoline and diesel. Hybrids are not the answer and neither are electric vehicles nor biodiesel. We seriously need to go after good alternatives such as hydrogen (which we have been working on for over 50 years and still are not using as our main source).

Blueyes likes this.
  8. Pugz

I can't find any british specs on a hummer but the prius has come out as a B grade, that's really good; i'd expect a hummer to come out at maybe a D/E grade but i could be way off.

9. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

Here we go. I had to quote if off of something because the original article is no longer available. This is about a year old.

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Pugz, I'm sure your love of cars will be a turn on for many men.