• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New Planet Discovered

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Scientists have confirmed the discovery of a new planet 9 billion miles from the sun. It's bigger than Pluto, and is apparently an Ice Planet.

http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050730_114107.html

When I think of an Ice Planet, only one good name for it comes to mind. I think the new planet should be named "Hoth." How cool would that be.

:D

SamusAran86

Registered Member
just exactly how many times is a 'new' 10th planet going to be announced.
I heard something like this about a year ago, all over the local news here....

It is cool though.

Andrew said:
When I think of an Ice Planet, only one good name for it comes to mind. I think the new planet should be named "Hoth." How cool would that be.
that would be interesting, but I doubt it would actualy happen... I could just imagine Yoda...

Future, set it motion it has...

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well the official term for a planet in a binary star system is a "Tatooine Planet" meaning it has two bright stars near it, or "suns."

Wouldn't be the first Star Wars influenced name for a space term. :)

dize

Registered Member
Andrew said:
Scientists have confirmed the discovery of a new planet 9 billion miles from the sun. It's bigger than Pluto, and is apparently an Ice Planet.

http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20050730_114107.html

:D
Now how will kids remember their planets?

My very educated mother just served us nine plain ice-cubes?
LOLOL!

nani1987

Registered Member
cool find................that is neat but in ice...........talk about subzero temp surely not one planet I would land on will freeze to death.......but hey I will never go.....lol
but would be neat to see picturces of it.