• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New photo of Billy the Kid found.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
In what may turn out to be the bargain of a lifetime, a coin dealer named Randy Guijarro in 2010 paid $2 for a miscellaneous lot from a California junk shop. Come to find out years later, the lot contained an extremely rare photograph of Billy the Kid, the famous outlaw who lived in the American Old West during the mid-1800s.
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/rare-photo-bought-2-may-now-worth-millions-184506393.html

I wish I could find something like this, this thing will be worth millions.

As a kid I ate up all those old movies about people like Billy and Jesse James so I still find stuff about them fascinating.

When I read the headlines I expected a picture of him with a gun in his hand, not playing croquet. Great picture none the less and in good shape.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Cool! Thanks for the heads up. I googled Billy the Kid and read about him in wikipedia. Yeah he was a rustler but he was fighting corruption too - that "House" in Lincoln didnt like competition - Sheriff Brady and those "House" people murdered that English dude and stole all his stuff. So maybe they were outlaws too.

I didnt know he played croquet but why not? They probaly didnt even have golf yet.
Btw scientists wanted to do DNA tests to learn if its really Billy the Kid thats buried in that graveyard but it got blocked. Also Pat Garret claimed he shot him but he forced somebody to falsify the death certificate. Then he wrote a biography of Billy the Kid? So maybe nobody will ever really know the truth about everything that happened.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
There were more outlaws here than Billy. I wonder if Tunstall had never been murdered by the sheriff and his gang what direction Billy's life would have taken.

Wish they would have let them do DNA tests on the remains in the grave. Wonder if they know it isn't Billy already. I would like to think he lived longer than is claimed.

If its any consultation Pat Garrett died broke. At least that is what they claimed in a documentary I watched.