• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

new paypal scam

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
Haven't seen this one yet. I logged into my bf's email because he's not able to get in there very much. There was an email from "paypal" stating that someone had sent him $26.00. I had no idea what anyone would be sending him $26 for, so I started to reply to ask them. then I decided to wait, in case he had something going on I didn't know about.

I logged into his account to see if anything was there, and lo and behold, no transfer.

So i went back to the fake email, and clicked on "view this transaction here" and it took me to a VERY REAL looking fake paypal page.

This is so gonna suck keeping track of if you have lots of paypal transactions!!

Be sure to log in at paypal.com instead of clicking on links in emails!

nani1987

Registered Member
fairyquadmother said:
Haven't seen this one yet. I logged into my bf's email because he's not able to get in there very much. There was an email from "paypal" stating that someone had sent him $26.00. I had no idea what anyone would be sending him $26 for, so I started to reply to ask them. then I decided to wait, in case he had something going on I didn't know about.

I logged into his account to see if anything was there, and lo and behold, no transfer.

So i went back to the fake email, and clicked on "view this transaction here" and it took me to a VERY REAL looking fake paypal page.

This is so gonna suck keeping track of if you have lots of paypal transactions!!

Be sure to log in at paypal.com instead of clicking on links in emails!
wow........that is scarry thanks for the heads up .. I get tons of email from ebay and paypal I just email them to the spoof email first.... if i had seen that I would of click on it too... but now .......nope....................back to spoof
and it will go poof....................nani ebay name is goldengirl1985 my hubby thought of it........... so it will stick for now..........lol

doubles2004

Registered Member
Hey I got the same thing from paypal but mine was for 36.00 instead ..Its a fake I never click on links like that

nani1987

Registered Member
man I glad I didn't anything like that............either why my curious mine would of done something stupid but you gotta learn from mistake.

LicentiousVenus

Registered Member
I haven't gotten that one yet....but i hardly open any mail from pay pal or ebay, unless i know an auction has just ended. Thanks for the heads up...that one may have caught me if I had opened it. I actually have had someone randomly give me money before (well not really random, i had done some work for him), so I'd probably think it was him again and it would be too late before i realized it wasn't the same person.

CHrt46

Registered Member
YIKES! That is scarry. Glad that you didn't follow through with the e-mail. I get the fake e-mails all the time, but this is a new one to me. Thanks for the heads up.