TV New on Fox: "Back to You"

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you haven't heard by now, Kelsley Grammar and Patricia Heaton are now playing co-hosts at a local news channel in Fox's new sitcom "Back to You".

I just watched the latest episode online to see what I thought. So far it's pretty good. I recognize several actors in it so far.

It reminds me of somewhat of a mix between "Just Shoot Me" & "Frasier". Maybe a bit of "Everybody Loves Raymond" also, but only because a few actors from that show made it over. It's got a nice mix of actors and actresses.

Based on this one episode I've seen so far I'll definitely rank this higher than ABC's Cavemen. Oddly enough though, right around 18 minutes into it I realized that there hadn't been much plot at all in this episode. I was starting to get into it but really I couldn't sum up the episode. Nothing really happened. I think it will do better though. I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully it will pan out. I definitely like the chemistry of the show and think that it could have some good potential. They just need to step up the writing a bit.

Has anybody else watched it?

Gwiz

Registered Member
I heard about it and I've always been a big fan of Kelsley Grammar. I'll definitely have to make time for an episode or two.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well it's on tomorrow night (Wednesday night). I have it set to record. The episode I watched last week was a lot better than the one I talked about in my first post in this thread. It was up there with Frasier style writing for sure, which makes sense because Christopher Lloyd is the executive writer and creator of "Back to You", same as he was with "Frasier." I think this show has a promising future. We will see though.