Hockey New NHL All-Star game concept

EdgeHead

Registered Member
New official formula for the NHL All-Star Game: a 4-team 3-on-3 mini tournament. Teams will be divided according to current divisions. 2 Eastern Conference teams play each other, 2 Western Conference teams play each other; winners face in the 3rd and final match. 20-minute period for each game. Also, there's supposed to be a cash incentive for the winning team in the tournament.

I don't know about you guys but I'm intrigued.

Unity

Flawless Victory
Staff member
This is amazing. I really like this idea and it creates divisional pride as well. I've really been enjoying 3-on-3 hockey, so I'm all for this. The Blues and the Sabres had a crazy 3-on-3 OT the other night that ended up going to a shootout, but those can be a lot of fun.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
It's not bad. I had a hard time getting into the All Star Game this year because my paying attention to the regular season itself was marginal, but the good news is that people don't really blend into the crowd anymore. I guess it's a good and bad thing. The good thing is you want to know who the players are and see them in a more isolated way than 5-on-5 hockey, but the bad thing is that it's not really real hockey if it's not 5-on-5. I don't know, I think I like the final game being 5-on-5 and the 2 3-on-3's more like an audition for the 5-on-5. I'm not sure it's possible to make that happen, but that's the only clear change I would made. Find some way to get 2 extra people in on each side for the final game. Where they should come from though... I don't quite know.