• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New Nexus, or new Nazis?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
It struck me last night how familiar some of the Nexus symbolism is, and even more so in the second iteration.

It seems like a suspicious coincidence, but would they? Hayes, okay, maybe... but Vince?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've noticed it too, especially when Barrett said that The New Nexus was like a Dictatorship and they were all brainwashed. I see a lot of resemblance for sure, especially with the hand gestures(even though Nation of Domination was the same way).

Definitely wouldn't put it pass the WWE.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I doubt it. That sort of symbolism is a bit over the heads of some WWE viewers, so I don't think they intended it that way at all.

I think it is just a coincidence.

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
i don't think most people think too deeply about it...

but you are right...

it does seem eerily similar nonetheless

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Now that I think of it, McMahon did say that he wanted to start "pushing the envelope" again...
He did say that, and some of might believe it's just a coincidence, but in all honesty it's pretty close to the real thing. You have your leader in Punk, he's brainwashing the members with all this faith stuff, they have the arm band, and the hand gesture which is pretty similar to the Nazi gesture. I think it's a bit more then a coincidence.

He did say that, and some of might believe it's just a coincidence, but in all honesty it's pretty close to the real thing. You have your leader in Punk, he's brainwashing the members with all this faith stuff, they have the arm band, and the hand gesture which is pretty similar to the Nazi gesture. I think it's a bit more then a coincidence.
I've always thought of the leader CM Punk to be more of a Charles Manson type of character with some Nazi thrown in there too.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
The second iteration I saw a mile away but the swastika and the N is kind of overboard. It seems like McMahon is letting Punk push the envelope with out the kiddy fans ever noticing.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The second iteration I saw a mile away but the swastika and the N is kind of overboard. It seems like McMahon is letting Punk push the envelope with out the kiddy fans ever noticing.
Haha. Punk always pushes the envelope regardless of McMahon's knowledge.