New Music and Myspace

Discussion in 'Music' started by randomthoughts1, Apr 12, 2007.

1. randomthoughts1

randomthoughts1 New Member

I've noticed that myspace has opened the door for musicians of all types to get their names out there. I think it's a really neat concept and have already found several new bands/artists that I love. I probably would have never even heard of them otherwise. Has anyone else expanded their musical tastes through myspace?

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I think it's great, but it's only a matter of time before the RIAA steps in and says they want royalties per-play on everything.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well don't give myspace all the credit. PureVolume.com pioneered the concept long before MySpace even existed. :)

purevolumeā„¢ | We're Listening To You

I do like the idea a lot though and I think MySpace helps musicians get heard mostly because of how anybody can add music from musicians to their profile. It lets you hear songs you wouldn't normally have found.

4. FourBear

FourBear New Member

The RIAA can't do anything about bands who have no label or are on indie labels who chose to promote their music through MySpace. I love it! I've found a few great bands that way...for example, a band called "The Voyces."

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's funny because Weird Al made a few songs that were supposed to be on his new CD but his label refused to put them on. Since the songs weren't going to be for sale he decided to screw his label and put them on his website for free download. :)

I find that hilarious. The songs are quite funny too. One is called "You're Pitiful" (spoof of James Blunt's "You're Beautiful") and the other is "Don't download this song." Go figure. :)

6. nangel78

nangel78 Registered Member

I like learning about new bands on myspace and finding out what is going on with others I listen to.