New MLB Helmet

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rawlings about to introduce safer batting helmet, baseball players may be too vain to wear it

It's about time that a real protective baseball helmet was introduced.. There is no reason that with today's technology that guys like Edgar Gonzalez should suffer a head injury due to an ineffective helmet. Edgar Gonzalez still feels dizzy when he lies down and it's been three weeks since his face to face meeting with a 93 MPH fast ball. Check out the FSN Sports Science video on the above link where they test the old helmet and find that it only reduces impact by 30%.

Thankfully Rawlings introduced the S100 helmet, named because it can withstand a 100 MPH fastball.

Looks like every other batting helmet you've ever seen right? Maybe a bit bigger and it has two ear flaps, so it doesn't go flying off on contact.
Some baseball players are so vain that they refuse to wear it. Yes we're talking to about you Jeff Francoeur and Mark Teixeira.
And then there's David Wright...he looks so goofy...no offense it makes him look like a retarded kid...im just sayin

Im glad they are trying to be safer but this thing looks a little ridiculous.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Hey, it's up to you.

Would you rather run the chance of death or look a little goofy? By the way, there's one answer to this and it's not the first option unless you're suicidal.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I rather look goofy then take a 96mph fast or even faster. It might end your career or even worst kill you. I think Wright is doing the smart thing, it probably scared the crap out of him after getting hit in the head, so he doesn't want to take another chance.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Yeah - you probably wouldn't die, but it can still be a career ending injury.

Also, it's interesting that they talk about the 2 ear flaps, but it doesn't look like 2 flaps in that first pic