New MLB Helmet

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Millz, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Rawlings about to introduce safer batting helmet, baseball players may be too vain to wear it

And then there's David Wright...he looks so goofy...no offense it makes him look like a retarded kid...im just sayin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im glad they are trying to be safer but this thing looks a little ridiculous.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Hey, it's up to you.

Would you rather run the chance of death or look a little goofy? By the way, there's one answer to this and it's not the first option unless you're suicidal.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I rather look goofy then take a 96mph fast or even faster. It might end your career or even worst kill you. I think Wright is doing the smart thing, it probably scared the crap out of him after getting hit in the head, so he doesn't want to take another chance.

4. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Hasn't there only been like.. One batting related death in baseball, ever? And that was before helmets.

5. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Yeah - you probably wouldn't die, but it can still be a career ending injury.

Also, it's interesting that they talk about the 2 ear flaps, but it doesn't look like 2 flaps in that first pic