• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New Mein Kampf

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Adolf Hitlers copyright expires at the end of this year and a new version of Mein Kampf is being published in Germany. Some Jewish leaders are worried that it could renew interest in the original book. But this version has critical rebuttals in the book and anyway Germans can read the original version online.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap...ein-Kampf-returns-German-market-new-form.html

The book was banned in Germany since the Great Patriotic War. So do you think the new edition will increase interest for the original ideas or will it help to discredit Hitler?
Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Hitler was a monster but honestly I don't know what their problem is. The book has been published in other countries. I also doubt this book turns someone into a Jew hater that wasn't already. Suppressing history doesn't help anyone.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The ideas were trending when Hitler was in power but now people know those ideas can only lead to defeat. Also people are more cool and intelligent now so those ideas probaly look more like a joke.
I mean he wrote a stupid book that caused millions of people to die and I dont get anybody ever wanting that to happen again. People play a lot of violent video games but they know thats just fantasy too. Imo that book is probaly as harmless as playing EVE online or World of Warcraft. Those dont turn people into violent nutjobs either.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yea when you think of some of the violent video games or movies banning this book just doesn't make senses. Or real violence from ISIS.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bubbles Bathroom Wall 0
PurpleDoom Anime 0
Doc Reading 12