New Linkin Park CD

Discussion in 'Music' started by Millz, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Has anybody bought their new CD yet? Its entitled, "A Thousand Suns."

My buddy from college just texted me to listen to the first single, "The Catalyst" saying it was terrible. While in college Linkin Park was one of our favorite bands....I liked every song from the first two CD's.

I liked a couple of songs from the most recent CD but I never bought it...sounded like they changed their sound for the worst.

But yeah, this new song, Catalyst? Is fucking terrible. Absolutely atrocious. Link below, if you dare.

YouTube - Linkin Park - "The Catalyst" with lyrics

2. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I couldn't even make it all the way through. That was absolutely dire! At least it answers that age old question:

"What would a Linkin Park Christian Rock song sound like with a generic dance beat in the background?".

Millz likes this.
  3. Millz

LOL, couldn't have said it better myself.

If you dare, here's another one. Chester sounds like he's having a seizure in this crappy song. This one is better, I think, but not much.

YouTube - Linkin Park - Blackout

4. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I heard a song earlier today from this album. It was being used for a promo for something, I think in one of those promo videos ESPN shows to advertise the upcoming weekend of football games. Anyway, the song seemed pretty decent based on the little bit they played. But considering the other two songs posted in here (mainly Catalyst. Seriously, that is one terrible song.) I am gonna pass on this. Which is kinda sad, cause I loved Linkin Park back in the day. I own everything they've put out until this point. Oh well. I kind of give them props for at least trying new things instead of doing the same thing over and over.

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

All I can say is "What the fuck were they thinking?" Seriously. I really loved old LP, I could even stand their last album which was verging on crap, but they have well and truly lept over that line now. wow

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Wow and to think, I almost bought this Album over the Stone Sour one. Thank god I made the right choice. Those samples are horrible.

I agree with all the posts so far, previous LP is ranked very high on my Favorite Album lists, hell I even consider Hybrid Theory to be my favorite Album of all time. But they have moved so far away from that sound its just disgusting anymore.

7. Millz

I don't mean to hijack my own thread but how is the new Stone Sour CD? I am a huge Slipknot fan and thus a huge Corey Taylor fan and have both of Stone Sour's previous CD's. I heard the single and loved it.

I do agree Hybrid Theory is one of the best albums I've ever heard. Its great if a band wants to evolve and all that crap but they are evolving in the wrong direction. I listened to both of these songs again and I still hate them both.

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I really dig it.

Its funny because I was a huge Slipknot Fan before I even knew who Stone Sour was. And I just recently found out 2 songs I've always loved but never known who sang them... turned out to be Stone sour (Through the Glass & Bother). Sounds nothing like Corey Taylor w/slipknot... the guy is freakin talented.

Audio Secrecy is awesome. If you like Slipknot and you like the Old Stone Sour... this one is actually in between. I've sampled some of the older SS albums and they are alot more mellow, this new one keeps some of that mellow feel, but also taps into a bit more of a heavier (But not too heavy) feel of Slipknot.

if you liked the other two... I'd say its worth the 9.99 on iTunes if you got the money to blow.

Millz likes this.
  9. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I don't mind a somewhat redirection of style every now and then...I think the best bands evolve and challenge their sounds over time, and I doubt the whole "techno background" thing is permanent (I lol'ed at that Christian Rock quote). Makes me think of the Viva La Vida Coldplay album, they took a risk and made a great sound.

I like the second song posted, don't hate the first. I'm thinking of picking the album up, but it's not a huge priority.

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't know if it's fair to compare Christian rock to this crap. Honestly I'd rather listen to the Barney song than this. ;)

I liked the first few Linkin Park cd's as well so this song came as a terrible shock. It was... words can't even describe it. It might be the worst song I've ever heard. And I stopped it around a minute in.

I'd believe it was a joke.

I'd believe it was a soundalike band trying to ruin their name.

What I find hard to believe is that it's actually them. Wow.. :lol: