New Jersey lacks hunger

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Bobcats got any shot they wanted in the first half and held on to hand the Nets their sixth-straight loss, a 96-92 defeat Tuesday night at Continental Arena that left Nets coach Lawrence Frank disgusted, puzzled and in an overall sour mood.

"We just put up no resistance on the defensive end in the first half," Frank said. "I don't know what to say right now.

"I would think we want to be hungry for a win. I guess right now we haven't bought into what it's going to take for us to win. We do it for a half."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/43474/20061129/nets_coach_team_lacks_hunger/

2. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

New Jersey are easily one of the best teams in the East and should look to be in the top 3 this year, hopefully they can find what they need so VC doesn't take all the load.

3. Babe_Ruth

This is too much of a good team to struggle like this all year. I am sure they'll turn it around sooner then later. The thing that they need help with is their bench to step up and the same with Nenad Kristic. But I am sure by the end of the season they'll have a record atleast 10 games over 500.

4. DaKidAce

DaKidAce Guest

we just beat boston and now we got six straight games at home and we should win 4 or 5 of them to put us above .500 and back on track.

5. Babe_Ruth

This is the time to take advantage, like you've mentioned you have six straight games at home, and the Nets usually play pretty well at home, I see them going back on track, and start dominating game once again.

6. HitBattousai

HitBattousai Guest

The key is Richard Jefferson. He hasn't played well thus far when he's played, he needs to step up and give New Jersey a third legimate go-to option once more. This home stretch will probably help matters, Dallas and Phoenix will be tough, but the rest of the stretch should be wins.

7. Rickster

Rickster Guest

The Nets have enough talent to get a top 4 playoff seed. And that's just because of the horrendous level of play the Eastern Conference has been playing with, particularly the Atlantic Division. I'll admit they'll probably win their division, but I doubt they'll end up 10 games over .500. I can see 43-45 wins from them his season.

The only legitimate teams I see in the East are the Pistons, Cavs, Nets, and the Magic.

8. Babe_Ruth

I think they can win without Jefferson, don't get me wrong he helps them in a lot of ways, but I believe they're still a very good team with Jason Kidd and Vince Carter playing together. Like I've stated they should start winning games once again, it really helps them that they came back against the Celtics and won the game.

9. TheSportsGuy

TheSportsGuy Guest

I haven't really kept up with much any of the East teams, but looking at the Atlantic Division makes me eyes bleed when I see the records. 6-9 record leading the division? Serious? The Raptors 6-10 in second? Wow. I'm sure you guys will be over .500 at the end of the season but this has me shellshocked.