• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New in box Chinese Laundry Shoes size 8.0

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Wonder why they call them Laundry shoes. I don't see anything about them related to doing the laundry. Maybe you can wash them in the laundry without harm? Maybe they're dirty laundry resistant? hmmm..... a puzzle.......

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
hehe I wonder the same thing with stuff that has funny names like that : )

like waffle stompers! when I was a kid that really boggled my brain :D

leopard22

Registered Member
Bunny_roses said:
hehe I wonder the same thing with stuff that has funny names like that : )

like waffle stompers! when I was a kid that really boggled my brain :D
What the heck are waffle stompers?

BTW, I agree on the Chinese Laundry shoes - is that the manufacturer or something? There is nothing Chinese or Laundry about them that I can see. Very strange.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
LOL waffle stompers were hiking boots of some sort. They were very popular when I was a teenager (showing my age) :-o but they came in lots of different colours. and they were called waffle stompers :nod:

leopard22

Registered Member
Thanks, BunnyRoses, for setting me straight on waffle stompers. I had visions of shoes designed to have a sole with a certain design on them to stomp on your waffles ;) ... actually, I figured they were some sort of shoes or boots but I'd never heard of them.

Inspired me to check them out and I realized my sneakers are waffle stompers (even though they're Nike), heaven forbid!

Here's a site that sells various kinds:

http://www.dunhamfits.com/outdoor/Waffle-Stomper.22.03.htm

And, there are recipes for such things too (although I suppose this really should go in the food section of a forum) - http://www.mrbreakfast.com/superdisplay.asp?recipeid=223

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
Wow I went and looked at that site. I didn't know they still made them LOL actually the original waffle stomers looked alot different than those. I will try and look up the originals and post a link or a pic : )

leopard22

Registered Member
Hey, I found out what Chinese Laundry Shoes are! Boy, do I feel like an idiot:sick:

Chinese Laundry is the name of a design house that does a lot of shoes but also bags and belts. They even have an associated site that sells "vintage laundry shoes" from different decades. As editor of a bridal magazine, I thought I'd seen every conceivable designer's stuff, but I missed these guys. Of course, it seems from where they've been featured (Teen Vogue, Seventeen, etc.) they are geared towards the pre-marriage market ... at least I hope not everyone is getting married when they're under 17 :D these days.