New idea for an auction

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by MJonesMBA2001, May 9, 2005.

1. MJonesMBA2001

MJonesMBA2001 Registered Member

I was thinking of putting this up tonight, and wanted to see what y'all thought of this idea. I'm trying to be a little more original, but stay on the Star Wars theme.

Star Wars ROTS Opening Weekend Survival Kit

This kit contains all the essential items you'll need to make it through standing in the long lines and seeing Revenge of the Sith on opening weekend. The survival kit contains:

- "I'm with low midichlorian" t-shirt
    - Jar-Jar Binks is a wuss medallion
    - "Han shot first" wallet sized card
    - box of Kleenex for when Darth Vader finds out what happens to Padme
    - printed picture of Princess Leia, because she's a hottie
    - Star Wars trading cards to trade and play with others in line
    - anti Jedi mind trick charm so mean bullies don't take your place in line
    - grains of sand which could be from Tattoine

--------------
    Well, what do you think?? Stupid idea?? What I'm trying to do is more of a parody type thing, in case you haven't noticed. Can you think of any other funny items I could put in the survival kit?

2. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Umm... nice auction. I dont want to ruin the fun, but a few of those items would be "not quite" good items to add...

Kleenex... Im not going to ruin the movie, as I know there are a few people here who dont want it spoiled, but the kleenex would be worthless, least in the "meaning" you have put it in...

the "Han Shot First" is actually funny... Alot of people have problems with the fact that Lucas changed that point. The card would probably sell well on its own lmao

"I'm with low midichlorian" t-shirt... I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but I think that need to be changed to something else... I dont quite understand what it means!!

3. MJonesMBA2001

You know, like the old "I'm with stupid" t-shirts, that have an arrow pointing to the left (or right), so when you stand next to someone, it's like it's pointing to them. So, the "I'm with low midichlorian" would have an arrow pointing to a low midichlorian person (like stupid). I left that part out.

Any other funny ideas for things that could go in it?
    I was thinking of something like gag Star Wars items. This would be in the Weird Stuff category.

Any other ideas??

4. Mina

Mina Registered Member

I know, you should add a costume of some sort... and some Princess Leia hair... I can remember when I was little my mom doing Princess Leia brades in my hair... of course I've always had long hair

5. MJonesMBA2001

hehehe

I really think I may try this! Does it sound like that stupid of an idea? I can write up a pretty good description, and see how I can do. Here are some of the contents, with thanks to your advice (I added some things and removed some):

- "I'm with low midichlorian" t-shirt (has an arrow pointing, like "I'm with stupid")
    - Sith Lord cape (this is sort of like a Dracula cape)
    - instructions on how to legally change your name to Darth Malivous Sith Lord
    - Jar-Jar Binks is a wuss medallion
    - "Han shot first" wallet sized card
    - printed picture of Princess Leia, because she's a hottie
    - Star Wars trading cards to trade and play with others in line
    - anti Jedi mind trick sunglasses so mean bullies don't take your place in line
    - grains of sand reportedly from Tattoine
    - bag of tauntaun insides (these will be packing peanuts in a ziploc)

So, seriously, what do you think? I think it's pretty original, but I could just be having delusions of grandeur (hehehe). What do you think? I'd be glad to hear any criticisms or feedback or ideas for other kit items.

6. Mina

Mina Registered Member

You should do it!! Let me know when it's up and I'll add it to my watch list!

7. iowamommy77

iowamommy77 Registered Member

You should do it. I would watch it. We are addicted to star wars. Let me know when you put it up.

8. MJonesMBA2001