• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New Hot Dog Champ

Dragon

V.I.P.
Well, it seems like there is a new hot dog eating champ! Congratulations to Joey Chestnut who downed 66 hot dogs and also broke the record! It was a close race between him and Kobayashi the last few minutes of the competition. I almost hurled when I saw them eating the hot dogs.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is there a video of this online? And wow.. 66 hot dogs is insane... Hopefully they will both go running for about a week now to burn off the extra calories they consumed. :D

I wonder what type of metabolism people like that have. Apparently you have to stay in pretty good shape and in good health in order to compete like that.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That is crazy. They only have 12 minutes to eat as many hot dogs as they can. With 66 hot dogs that just about one hot dog eaten every 11 seconds for an entire 12 minutes.

Anybody else going to be sick just thinking about that? I like hot dogs but not THAT much... I heard that they dunk the hot dog buns in water to make them easier to swallow. Sounds pretty disgusting. :)

Phoenix

Fee-nix
I heard that they dunk the hot dog buns in water to make them easier to swallow. Sounds pretty disgusting. :)
ewewew. ew. yuk. ok im done. but seriously. 66 hot dogs is alot of hot dogs...I dont want to even begin to imagine the stomach ache that would give me...haha...ouch :lol:

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
ewwwwokey!! thanks Andrew! :sick: that was a piece of info that I didn't need! :urp:

the whole time I was thinking, man that would be so hard to eat all that. Then you throw in the soggy bread issue. soggy bread is just about the most disgusting thing to me!

guess I won't be entering any hot dog eating competitions anytime soon :D

Dragon

V.I.P.
I went to the International Federation of Competitive Eating's website to see if there was going to be any upcoming eating contest around my area but it seems like it's going to be in Oregon. I would like to enter one just to see where I would rank. If I do get ranked, that's when I am going to call it quits. :D

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well you could just make 10 or so hot dogs and lay them out on your table, then get a stopwatch and see how long it takes you to eat them. My guess is most people are going to be feeling it right around 4 or 5 and for sure by 10. After 10 you might change your mind about attempting anything higher. :)

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
That is so sick. I'm sure I could eat about 10 or so, but this is just crazy. So what are the official rules for this contest? Are they allowed to use water to soak the hot dogs? Anyone know the official rules?

Beat the old record by 6.5! I was surprised when it was beaten last time...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilander Pets 2
Babe_Ruth General Discussion 24
sunrise Food & Beverage 15
Wade8813 Offbeat News 7
Dragon Sports 7