New Forum: "GF Awards"

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Simply put, it's a forum for recognizing great members and what they've done and how they contribute. I talked with Hybrix a bit about this and he seemed intrigued. This is how I had it laid out:

GF AWARDS

-The Best of GF
-The Worst of GF
-User's Choice

The rules are as follows:

1. Only staff can post new threads in Best and Worst
2. There will be one new thread in each forum each week for a different superlative.
3. Each fourth week for The Best of GF will be the Member of the Month thread.
4. The Worst of GF is a joking section, it is not meant to be for flaming and harassing other members (think of it as constructive criticism)

:nod:

5. All members can see these forums as awards will be given out for newbies (Best awards only)
6. User's Choice will be for random awards users decided to give out and start contests for

So what do you guys think? I know we've had a few best and worst contests before, I think organizing them into a section may be neat.

Turbo

Registered Member
It's an interesting idea Cons. I think it has the potential to get users more involved and to get post counts up. It has a lot of potential.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
It also gives newbs a chance to be honored as well as let them see who the exemplary members are.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Just a suggestion: Dunno exactly what's planned, but if you wanted to keep flaming down, and morale high, for the :worst of: section, it may be better to focus on an individual post, rather than a user?

Then again, I suppose that could be difficult, considering people can edit their posts...

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Just a suggestion: Dunno exactly what's planned, but if you wanted to keep flaming down, and morale high, for the :worst of: section, it may be better to focus on an individual post, rather than a user?

Then again, I suppose that could be difficult, considering people can edit their posts...
:sigh:

I'll refer to my initial post:

4. The Worst of GF is a joking section, it is not meant to be for flaming and harassing other members (think of it as constructive criticism)

Did you miss this? It's a rule of the section, if people ignore it and flame others, they'll be properly punished.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I always liked the idea of "Newbie of the Month" as an award too. This idea might leave some room for an award like that as well. The only rule would be that the person has to have registered during the last 30 days or something to be eligible for nomination.