New Fonts

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by EllyDicious, Dec 6, 2009.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you think new fonts should be added to posts in GF?
    is there a way to add more default fonts in the font list on MYGF?

i actually got bored by the default fonts on that list and i'm figuring out what other fonts to use but i've heard that Hybrix doesn't like the idea of formatting fonts directly in your posts. (do i risk warnings when he comes back? lol)

:rolleyes:

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I'm not too keen on the idea of new fonts. Sometimes they're really hard to read, and obviously if Hybrix was going to code them in he wouldn't put stupid ones in but I still feel like if we had lots of different fonts here it would make the boards look messy. I'm not too bothered though.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, I'm going to say no to new fonts as well for the reasons mentioned.

Some of the fonts people use now are ridiculous enough.

4. EllyDicious

i think it would be good to include the font in the OP, though.
    c'mon that font is not ridiculous.

5. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't like the font in the OP. Please don't add that one.

6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Well it depends on what kind of font. Since it's a message board and we can't really hear what the other person is saying, sometimes people use fonts to try to convey the tones they're speaking in. If you have italics on all the time or have red letters, for example, you may seem angry or critical all the time.

Plus fonts that look nice on one skin may not look good at all on another. I think we had that problem a while back.

7. EllyDicious

you mean italics means being critical?
    what i know that when you write in all caps it means you're screaming and being angry.
    bold means emphasizing but i don't know about italics.

yeah. i've read a sticky thread a few days ago about fonts.
    Hybrix said we just need to make a request if we want another font added. and that's what i'll do.

but i don't think fonts have to do with skins. it's the color that has to do with skin that's why in the UserCP you chose a skin layout which will regulate fonts color's according to every skin.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I think there should just be one font that's easy to read like the current one I am using. I don't like trying to read posts with tiny fonts and larger fonts look too tacky. Don't get me started on Italic.

9. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Isn't there an option to turn of the other peoples font customizations or am I imagining things? Anyway, people who have annoying font, be it too small, too curly or a shitty colour, I just don't read. With the exception of BR, because although I have to squint like a retard to read his tiny ass font, I like reading his posts.

But anyway, I don't think we need more fonts. Fancy fonts and colours just kind of screams to me; "I need to make my writing different for people to notice me because my posts are actually utter shit"

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Yeah, you can disable post formatting so everybody's posts look the same. It's in MyGF, Edit Options.

I don't care one way or the other what font options we have as long as I can still turn off formatting.