New family member coming in August!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelsPeak, May 24, 2005.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Well I've done it! I have committed myself to a dog. I never thought I'd want a dog with 3 kids in the house, but now I can't wait. We are getting a german shepherd from a very reputable breeder here in Michigan. Have any of you ever been through this process? I thought we were going to interview her and see if we wanted to purchase one of her puppies, but instead we were the ones being interviewed! Apparantly this lady has turned many people away without selling them a dog...whew, I was sweating buckets, hoping I passed her inspection! LOL...Anyway, we put the deposit down and the puppies should arrive late summer, I am so excited...but at the same time, I am damning all the work involved....kennel, privacy fence,...and all that poop, ewwww. I'm not sure if we are getting a boy or girl, most of the family is leaning toward a boy, but I want a girl. Does anyone have any ideas for names???

2. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

Awww we just got a puppy too! His name is BOB hehe the kids love him. And he is great! I got him so I would know when someone pulled up to the house(we live in the country) He is turning out to be a great dog :) Congrats!! I always wanted to name a dog D-O-G....saying the letters not the word dog. My husband wouldnt let me tho :( So we have BOB instead LOL

3. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

My neighbor growing up had a dog named "Deeohgee" D-O-G
    it was cute. I have the feeling that your puppy will get a much more exotic, whimsical name just because it seems in your nature to name "her" that way.... Something otherworldly.

4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

You're right about the whimsy, if I have my way, guess we'll have to see what happens. My husband suggested Vader for a boy...COME ON! It's bad enough the movie was like a holiday in my house, there is no way we will name the dog after one of the characters! *putting my foot down on that one*!

5. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

well i did the same a yr ago i went looking for one shes in my profile pic her name is sassy a boston terier akc reg. great dog cost me 550.00 total and shes worth every penny dam now i need a male one :lol:

6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

She is sooooo cute! I think the female was a perfect choice!!!! We chose to go with a shepherd because the girls are getting older 15-9-8 and are on their own more. I know almost any dog will protect it's family, but just looking at a german shepherd will scare most people away! The world is too crazy and I worry about my girls, this dog will just make me feel better when I'm not home. SHE is going to cost $1250 so I am glad we won't be getting HER until August!

7. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

I never got the interview part either..I mean if you have the money you have the money.....but how does she know how many she will have to already be interviewing...I mean taking your deposits and such??

~Trina~

8. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

:lol:

Hey german sheperds are great dogs. I have 2 akc reg boxers out here on my land ,Talk about mean whew glad they like me .They wont let nobody in the gate .iI have had them about 5 yrs. but the little bosnton tereir is a great house dog and i think about as mean as the boxers :lol:

9. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

I did an extensive name search when i got my dog. Though she didn't cost me anything. My friend gave her to me and she is half Picaphoo and half minature doberman. I ended up naming her chloe! LOL

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

We are 11th in line. Two of her dogs are pregnant right now, one just mated and 2 are in heat. The gestation period is only 8 weeks, so we are hoping to pick our puppy by August!