New Evanescence Album: The Open Door

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mirage, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Does anyone else here like Evanescence? I have been a fan since their first album. They have a pretty unique sound, and it's not really something that grows on you over time. They are the type of band that you either love or hate from the start.

They have a new CD coming out on October 3rd called "The Open Door."

http://www.evanescence.com/

I don't know if I will get it right away, but if their music follows the usual "2nd album is much better than the first" syndrome, then I'll definitely pick it up sooner or later. :)

2. Bunny_roses

Bunny_roses what? no pink?

I love Evanescence! and I can't wait for this album to come out. I will be getting in like on the 4th :)

you are right they have that unique sound that draws a line down the middle. you are either on one side or the other. kinda like Abba you loved them or hated them LOL and I am not comaparing them to abba.....just another band with a unique sound is all :))

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

LOL! Yes they are not like ABBA except that their lead singer is female. Other than that I wouldn't expect to see the two mentioned in the same sentence very often. :)

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I want to hear their new sound, they have a new guitarist now and they always bring a different level to the style.