New DH rule among four changes to Midsummer Classic

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by StroShow, Apr 28, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Not huge news but still worthy to talk about...especially with National League fans on this site. Wondering what they think about this.

Modifications in place for All-Star Game | MLB.com: News

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't really care for the new rules, especially the DH every year. One of the things that made the MLB All-Star Game my favorite of all the sports was that they never had any unique rules just for that game. It was like any other baseball game and I think that made it more competitive than the other sports.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This new rule isn't going to get positive feedback on these forums that's for sure, most of the baseball fans here hate the DH rule. I personally am a fan of the DH rule, but I disagree with this change because it makes no sense at all. Why change it, if there's nothing wrong with it?

I know it protects the pitchers, but you don't protect the pitchers during the regular season in hte National League, what does one game do out of 163(counting the All Star game)

4. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

I'm okay with this change, it adds an extra voting spot for the All-star game, and one more person can get in to the contest. Also that it can prevent a pitcher having some sort of freak accident at bat.

5. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Yeah, we'd much rather have a batter have a freak accident :lol:

I dunno, I'm not sure I see the point in the change.

6. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I dont mind this rule to be honest. I've always like the DH rule being an American League fan. I dont see it as being a big change but I can see alot more National League fans being upset by it.

7. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

As pointless and well, retarded the DH is I think its a good idea to have it in the AllStar...

Surprise I know haha

I like the rules. Nothing ground breaking but they all made sense.