New Computer

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Iris, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

My parents went out and bought a new tower. XD It's a HP with about 360g of memory and 2 of system memory. CD burner/DVD burner... It's fucking sweet. I'll get a picture of it up when I can!

2. Graybeard

Graybeard Guest

Yeah, one thing about HP and Dell etc is all the pre-loaded and trial software. There is a lot going on in the background, a lot that is not needed and serves only to slow things down and eat up disk space and system memory.
    I built my computer 2 years ago, and over Memorial Day weekend, built each of my 2 daughters computers. After the smoke cleared, I spent about $800 apiece. They are 2.3 GHZ P-4s with a Gig of system memory and 80 gig sata drives, I installed CD/DVD burners and ATI 9250 graphics cards, I also found some 17in. wide screen LCD monitors and installed Windows XP Home.
    They are nice computers and easily scaled up. I know this isn’t an option for everyone, but if one is capable of doing it them self, I highly recommend it.

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I want to. Don't have the money or know how. It's easy to just delete those programs. I just need to manipulate my parents into thinking that it's just going to hurt the brand new bitching computer in the long run.....

I'm such a manipulative bitch... I totally got my dad to buy this computer knowing that it's for watching movies, listening to music, and possibly for games as well. Muwahahahahahaha

4. Graybeard

Graybeard Guest

I understand, I’m in the business and dealing with the proprietary firmware and software on the Dells and HP has soured me on them, also your limited to buying parts from them should it need repair or upgrades at a later date. I’ll take a clone PC any day over a nationally known box.