New Canadian speed bump, child illusion

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by Daemonic, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

Canada unveils new speed bump: optical illusion of a child | The Upshot Yahoo! News - Yahoo! News

Just came across this....

Does anyone else thing this is a real stupid idea? Also, does anyone else find it a bit twisted they want to use images of children for people to run over? I have a feeling this will cause more accident than it prevents....

Plus, what if people run over children thinking they are illusions? What if someone swerves out of the way and hits another car? What if they slam on their breaks and get rear ended?

Oh, and as for the part about pedestrians need to change, they are children. :rolleyes:

2. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

What dumbass thought this was a good idea? Seriously, what if a person gets confused, and swerves out of the way to avoid "hitting Patty" and ends up killing someone else or what if someone looks away for a split second and then sees "Patty" and hits the breaks and gets rearended? And the best design they could come up with is a kid playing? It's finally happened, BC officials have gone insane.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yeah, I think it'll create more accidents because I can imagine people who will no slow down knowing it's just a 2-D image. Heck, I can imagine some naughty ones even getting a high out of driving through that. Then as you mentioned, what if they're real now...and people thought they aren't?

4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

That's the first thing I thought about. Sounds like a really dumb idea, to me.