New Bird Species Discovered

Discussion in 'Science & History' started by Mirage, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Check this out, a new bird species was discovered a few days ago:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,219306,00.html

I have to say it's one of the coolest looking birds I've seen. :)

This whole article brings up the question of if rain-forests should be preserved.

I personally think they are some of the coolest places on earth and someday I would like to visit one. I am very much for the preservation of the rain forests, and think that a much bigger effort needs to be set in place to protect them.

2. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

That is a cool looking bird. Just shows that we haven't seen everything yet.

3. Hi_Im_Tim

Hi_Im_Tim I am Heavy Weapons Guy

Wow, that is cool. It looks like it has an orange mohawk.

4. FaKeD

FaKeD Registered Member

I agree! XD it's a cool looking bird x)

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I like the way that the bird looks, kind of surprising that it wasn't found in Madagascar though, it is not uncommon to discover a new species in the jungles of Madagascar, cool bird though, I wonder what they are going to call it.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

That's a very pretty bird, I wouldn't be shocked if it was named after the person or persons who found it.

7. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Sweet, I love it when new species of things get discovered. That is one punky looking bird.

8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

The main rule for discovering new species is that the person who discovers it gets to name it, so needless to say that there are some species that are named after people, I can't think of any off the top of my head though.

9. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

Very cool looking bird indeed. I remember a Man vs. Wild where he went to the Cloud Forest.

Just shows that there are still tons of new species waiting to be discovered.

10. DonnyDiaz

DonnyDiaz Registered Member

I find it remarkable that we are all so impressed about the discovery of a new species. Not becuase of our own persona; reactions, but because it triggers the question; why don't our governments invest more in exploring our oceans, rainforests and underground systems?