• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV New Avatar: Last Airbender Series

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Are there any other fans of the series here? I've been obsessed with the original Avatar series since I first watched it a few years back, so I was really excited when I found out they were doing another one. I hope it's as good as the last, maybe that can make up for that God-awful live-action adaption by Shyamalan *shudders*.
Anyway here is some info on the new series.

The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra - Avatar Wiki, the Avatar: The Last Airbender resource

Metoria

Registered Member
I know! I saw the movie in theaters and HATED IT! Sokka wasn't funny at all ;A;

I think the new series is the Legend of Korra the avatar after aang!

I wouldn't mind seeing it. I think they are in the process of making it right now.

It would be very interesting to see... but one thing is for sure I'm not going to see the movie that Shyamalan might do. or the rest of the Airbender movies he plans on doing. he better not its a waste of money. :p

XD

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yay another Avatar fan!

Yes Korra is going to be the new Avatar, she is a water-bender. And she will be taught airbending by Aang and Katara's son Tenzin.

And yeah they are in the process of making it right now, I'm so excited!

Metoria

Registered Member
yeah! It looks pretty cool! I hope there is a Sokka like character in it! :3 He's so cool

I've been told I'm a mix between him and Aang! XD mostly him though!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I hope there is a Toph like character in it! Toph was my favourite character. I bet the new series is going to be awesome, but I will miss all the old characters :(

Shwa

V.I.P.
I watched the series from the beginning, and thought, "Man, this is really mature for Nickelodeon, but it's so good it catches you by surprise". Who knew it would have ran for 4 seasons and become a live action movie? I will admit though, wasn't a big fan of the movie what so ever, too many slow motion sequences with the powers, got repetative after...the first 5 times.

But, in the movies defense, it was a general run through of book one, and there's too much to explain and too many events that took place to put it all into one movie. Especially if they just want to run through the series to get to the main points.

But this new anime, set 70 years after Ange, I can't wait to see it. New Avatar, female girl that's head strong, sounds interesting to me. Was surprised
that Ange and Katara's offspring wasn't the new avatar by birth, but oh well.

~Shwa

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I watched the series from the beginning, and thought, "Man, this is really mature for Nickelodeon, but it's so good it catches you by surprise". Who knew it would have ran for 4 seasons and become a live action movie? I will admit though, wasn't a big fan of the movie what so ever, too many slow motion sequences with the powers, got repetative after...the first 5 times.

But, in the movies defense, it was a general run through of book one, and there's too much to explain and too many events that took place to put it all into one movie.
It was actually three seasons, Water, Earth and Fire then that terrible film. There is no defense of that film AT ALL!

And about the new Avatar not being the offspring they never said it would be in the show. The new Avatar is always someone of a different tribe, it goes in the order of air, water, earth and fire each time I think. Because of that it would be pretty rare that a new Avatar would be the offspring of an old one.

Metoria

Registered Member
Unless because Aang marries Katara -who is from the water tribe.. but even then it would a stretch. It would be cool if it was Sokka's daughter.. oh wait isn't Korra from the northern tribe? NVM then. :p

XD the slow motion and the FAST motion and weird camera angles of the movie seriously messed up my sight! LOL

It was super fast and at a weird angle it was like my eyes wanted to go in two different directions.. but my biggest complaint was that there wasn't any funny! ;A;

Why you no love Funny, Mr writer/director? Why? boo hoo!

I think my friend and I decided, that if you'd seen the series and then the movie you'll hate the movie but if you hadn't seen the series and then saw the movie, you might like it, because you don't know how much is missing! XD

but thats just us. by the by, she felt so strongly (negatively) about the movie it was scary! O.O I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt and I was scared she might pull over and kick me out of the car! XD J/K

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Your friend isn't the only one Metoria. The whole Avatar fanbase absolutely hated that film with a fiery passion. I don't know even one person who liked it. It was just terrible in every way. It took everything good about the cartoon and ripped the soul out of it.

Metoria

Registered Member
yeah really! XD I was think- BEFORE I saw the movie- Wow I wonder how great its gonne be!

five minutes in "maybe it gets better"

half way through "Are you friggin kidding me?"

at the end "My head hurts... and that movie sucked! waste of 9 bucks! One things for sure never going to see the other movies! :p

XD I was REALLY disappointed that there wasn't a giant Spirit attack! ;A; that was so epic in the cartoon!

and Aang was all angsty.. Angst annoys me :s just because Angst sounds like aang doesn't mean he is! D<

A movie must have comedy in it and a lack of teen angst! and if there isn't comedy it has to make up for it with awesome action yo! .... did I just say 'yo'?

XD but oh well, it was an experience I guess! :3

Can't wait for this new one! I wonder what epic adventures she'll go on! :eek: