• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New Atheism

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
What's everyone's take on New Atheism- that espoused by the likes of Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens and Sam Harris- in books like God is Not Great, The God Delusion, and The End of Faith?

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I'm not a fan. Mostly, I'm against the idea that religion in general is necessarily bad, and that science is strongly at odds with religion in general. Promoting those ideas seems dangerous. Also, as an atheist, I dislike that these guys are building and marketing an atheist brand I don't identify with.

C-Mach

Registered Member
Many people turn to irreligion in part to get away from evangelism. The "New Atheists" evangelize, thus invalidating one of the main reasons people turn to irreligion. As an irreligious person myself, I must say that I disapprove of the "New Atheists."