New Animated YouTube Logo

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Mirage, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I just noticed this new YouTube logo yesterday. It's an animated one and so far I've found it to be pretty annoying. I don't like having things moving on the screen in my peripheral vision.

[​IMG]

Does animated stuff like this bug you on web pages?

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Yes animated stuff does bug me on web pages but that new logo definitely isn't nearly enough to get me to stop using youtube.

I really dislike ads on the side of the screen that just move and move and move without stopping, not only are they ads that I don't care about but they're distracting to whatever I'm doing.

That's one reason why I have animated avatars turned off. ;)

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Honestly? I never even noticed.

In fact, I just went to YouTube. The logo is doing nothing for me. Bog-standard logo, no animation.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I wonder if they did that logo only during maintenance? That would be kind of cool and would make sense. I'm not getting it now either but I do remember seeing some maintenance warnings around the same time that I saw it.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I never really noticed to be honest with you. Usually it doesn't bother me when something is animanted like that with different colors, especially if it's that size. If it's something bigger than it could start bothering me eventually.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

No I've been noticing it over the past few weeks also. It cant be just during maintenance.

Ugh... I'm not a fan of moving ads especially. The ones that piss me off the most are the ones that are so animated they have either a little car that "drives" over top of things I'm trying to click on or an animated person that pops onto the screen. its annoying, especially when I'm trying to read news or something.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I haven't noticed. What would bug me more about animation is if it slows down the page loading because of it.

8. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

The only time they bug me is when they are massive logos and they stand out so much that it distracts you from the page itself. The small ones I don't mind, I don't really notice them.

9. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I noticed that on Friday. I think it was kind of cool.

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

It doesn't bother me at all. I would never have noticed if it wasn't for this thread. As long as it's not flashing bright colours really quickly then it's not going to annoy me.