• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies New Anchorman 2 alternate R-rated version

dDave

V.I.P.
Paramount Sends R-Rated 'Anchorman 2' To Theaters - Forbes

They apparently filmed so much extra stuff for this movie that they can put out the same movie again with 763 new jokes and all new material. From what I understand the plot doesn't change but the movie is much longer.

I actually heard about this when I saw Will Ferrell on the tonight show, he mentioned this in an interview.

I have no idea if this version of the movie will make it to Blu Ray one day. Honestly, it's not even my kind of movie but I recognize that this is a really cool idea to have an entirely alternate version of the same movie. 95% new material while following the same story.

Clare

Registered Member
That's an unusual idea. Isn't two Anchorman films enough though? :lol:

Nah, to be fair I haven't even seen the second one yet. But I think while it's sort of a cool idea if you're going to make a movie wouldn't you just put all your best bits into one?