• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

New $100 bill

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
FORT WORTH, Texas A glitzier, high-tech version of America's $100 bill is rolling off the presses and headed for wallets soon.

Despite years of production-related delays, the updated $100 bill has undergone a major makeover that includes a color-changing ink well, 3-D security ribbon, and more texture on Benjamin Franklin's collar.

New $100 bill features more color, 3-D security ribbon
The new bill looks good and it also has part of the Declaration of Independence written on it. Hopefully it will cut down on counterfeiting. I wonder when they are going to change the $1 bill if at all.

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
It's a slight improvement from your otherwise boring notes. At least it has a little bit more color. But your money is really boring looking. Sorry. Our notes are a different color each, green for a 10, brown for a 20, pink for 50 and blueish purple for 100. And we change the design probably every 10 years it seems.

But hey, maybe you are heading in that direction as well...

danwiz

Registered Member
They should totally do away with the $1 bill. It's ridiculously more expensive than $1 coins. I am American, but I could never understand why the majority of Americans will not embrace a $1 coin. It's just ridiculous that the largest coin in wide circulation is the quarter dollar, which probably has the buying power that a nickle had back in the 1970's. What ever happened to 50 cent coins too?! So, how many quarters do you have to feed a vending machine to buy a can of soda vs. how many $1 coins would you have to feed the same vending machine?

Here in Japan the coins in use are 1, 5, 10, 50, 100 and 500 yen (100 yen = about USD1). The notes in use are 1,000, 5,000 and 10,000 (about USD $10, $50 and $100). The 1 Yen coin is just as ridiculous as the US 1 cent coin - a worthless piece of stuff to carry around with you.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I find bills easier to carry around than coins. I hate coins, and hardly ever use them.

dDave

V.I.P.
It's a slight improvement from your otherwise boring notes. At least it has a little bit more color. But your money is really boring looking. Sorry. Our notes are a different color each, green for a 10, brown for a 20, pink for 50 and blueish purple for 100. And we change the design probably every 10 years it seems.

U.S. money actually does have some color to it. When you handle a lot of money, you start to notice it.

The $1 is kind of bland as is the $2. The $5 has a purple tint in the middle of the bill, the $10 is printed mostly red and is red/orange/yellow. Though all money is stereo-typically green, the $20 definitely has a much deeper shade of green than any other bill. The $50 is sort of a combination of red white and blue.

This new $100 looks good. Having worked at a restaurant before, I've actually been handed fake $100 bills. I doubt that anybody will try counterfeiting this newer bill. There are few ways to counterfeit such an advanced piece of money.

Unfortunately this does not fix the problem that older bills can still be counterfeited for some time before anybody sees it as irregular.

Last edited:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
That's a pretty good looking bill. If only most Americans knew what it was like to hold one anymore...

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.

I saw a show about our currency and it explained why everything is the way it is. I'm sure there's a reason for the bland colors that has to do with preventing counterfeiting.

What ever happened to 50 cent coins too?! So, how many quarters do you have to feed a vending machine to buy a can of soda vs. how many $1 coins would you have to feed the same vending machine?
Most vending machines these days accept bills. ;)

I agree though, I'd rather have a $1 coin than a $1 bill. While bills are convenient for my wallet, they are not very durable and aren't in circulation for very long. Coins can be in circulation for decades.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Coins were sent to us from hell, I cannot stand coins. I'd rather carry a bunch of bills then coins. They'd better not change to $1 coins, I'll be pissed. I don't carry change with me.

I do like the look of the new $100 bill though, looks cool.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope they don't change to $1 coins, they would be easy to get mixed up with a quarter if you were in a hurry I bet. Plus coins are heavy, I don't need anymore weight in my purse.