PC Games Neverwinter Nights

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Unity, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Does anyone play Neverwinter Nights (or have you in the past)? I'm curious if anyone still uses the DM client or plays online.

I started it at one point, stopped playing, and eventually picked up NWN 2. The second game in the series runs VERY choppy on my PC, which does meet system requirements...I think it's above minimum, too! Maybe I need a new video card... Because of this, I've never gone too far on NWN 2 either!

However, I recently started up the original NWN again from the beginning. I'm having a blast playing it. Just curious about peoples' thoughts on the game and its sequal.

2. Cheomesh

Cheomesh Registered Member

I loved NWN1, however, it does NOT work on the 88xx series of cards. This isn't the card itself, but the game using some old shader stuff that is no longer supported. They're apparently not patching it, either.

NWN2 was ok, but I have a hard time playing these games by myself (AI irritates me enough sometimes). I DM in real life and IIRC, NWN2 uses heavily modified 3.5 rules.

3. Kanji

Kanji Registered Member

I tried to play it once but didn't like it.

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I play. I have the original, Shadows of Undrentide, and Hordes of the Underdark.

I don't play often though because I have no idea what I'm doing. Hahaha

5. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I have the two expansions as well; when I originally bought the game, it was the platinum edition that came with both!

I'm just at the beginning of Chapter 2; never made it too far past that. I'm looking forward to playing through though.

Himeko, what kind of character are you using?

6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Yeah, I got the platinum edition as well.

Uh, I can't remember. Elf I think. I have three.