• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Never Use A Freinds Memory Card!!

GlodenBob788

Registered Member
Okay, if you have ever lost a game or broke one..make sure you use your own memory card!!That happened to me..I played timespiltters2 and I lost the game and I used my freind's memory card and I had everything!!Remember use your memory cards:( I have to re-get every muiltyplayer level and every Challange again.:-/

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
There's no way you're really 21 like your profile says. If you are, I feel sorry for you. Actually, I feel sorry for you regardless of age.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Speaking of game accessory hazards, my N64 expansion pak keeps overheating. Anyone know what's up with these things? I thought it was normal but someone recently told me it wasn't. I bought my expansion pak used at Gamestop in 2004 and it always froze my Perfect Dark game anywhere from 40min to 1 hour in. The risk of freeze goes up anytime something weird happens like an n-bomb exploding or an elevator coming down. Back in the day I used to take the pack out and put it in a refrigerator whenever it froze. But then when I put it back in it would only get hot faster (because molecules heat up faster from a colder position than an already warm one). So my multiplayer sessions went something like this:

1 hour - 45 min - 40 min - 30 min - 20 min - 20 min - 10 min - 10 min - 10 min - oh fuck it!

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
You probably got a crappy third party one, mine heats up pretty badly but doesn't freeze.

Yeah, check and see if it's third party. All third party software is horribly unreliable. I've also never had my expansion pak overheat or anything. You could try leaving the lid off, so it gets a little more air. Maybe try using a fan, too.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
It says

"Ram Expander"
"4MB memory expansion"

"Yobo gameware"
"For Nintendo 64"

And it has a red lid on top that overhangs the front of it.

I would put up a picture of it, but Andrew's image size limitations are killing me as I can't reduce dimensions of pictures. :mad:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've never actually felt the expansion pak during or after play so I don't know if mine gets really hot, but I've never had any problems with it at all. You should probably get a new one (first party) if you think that's what's causing your games to freeze. You probably shouldn't put the thing in fridge to cool it off either.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Dude, why do you talk like Karl Malone? You've said "that suck" like twenty times now. You're not funny.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Yeah, that's getting old man.

Vega, it's a third party pak. Try to find yourself a Nyko or Nintendo one.