Never go near or use a computer again?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you are considered a dangerous hacker by the government, your parole will most certainly include restrictions barring you from going anywhere near a computer, let alone owning one.

That would be quite unfortunate if you ask me, but hey they should have thought about that before becoming such a threat.

That being said, it's safe to assume most of us here are at least average computer users. Could any of us live the rest of our lives not going anywhere near a computer?

[highlight] How much money would it take to get you to not touch a computer or use the internet in any way for the rest of your life? [/highlight]

Console based videogames do not count as computers.. yet, however internet based play would be completely out of the question.

For me I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to take any amount. Even if I got a ton of money I'd want to buy computer equipment with it. I wouldn't be able to do it.

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
Aside from the communication aspect alone, I use the computer for my two favorite hobbies, photography and sewing, so it would be hard to not ever use one again. I'm not sure I could do it for any amount, unless I used some of that amount to hire someone to use the computer for me (while I sit by then directing them). Is that allowed?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I could do it, but it would have to be a ridiculous sum of money, most of which I'd spend traveling and hopefully have no need for a computer.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
...unless I used some of that amount to hire someone to use the computer for me (while I sit by then directing them). Is that allowed?
Nope, that's not allowed. I thought about that too actually as I wrote the original post. That would be a convenient loophole otherwise. :)

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
My computer is a lifeline to the outside world, and how I stay in contact with people in other parts of the country. It would take an act of god, a lot of money or a gun to my head to keep me from using it again. Even then it would be tough.