Never drive or never surf again?

Would you rather?

• Total voters

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok, impossible hypothetical question time.

Would you rather:

1. Never get in a vehicle again ever?
  2. Never surf the web again ever?
I know it's not a fun question.

So essentially would you be happy riding a bike everywhere if it meant you could still use the internet?

Otherwise you can drive places but no internet.

Make your choice! :D

Fuck that, my life would be pointless if i could only go places with a bike. That would destroy my income, whereas never coming on the net again would...well...i wouldnt lose money.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I wouldn't be able to give up either of them. I'd miss the hell out of some of the members here.

Plus I need a ride to places. My work is too far for me to ride a bike.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I suppose that 'web' is short for 'world wide web', whereas an intranet is a private network. Although, many private networks can be accessed via the web, so doing as much would seem to count as surfing the web, even if every use of a private network wouldn't.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well it's likely that none of us will ever be faced with this question for real.. But yes you are right lol.

For the sake of the question, accessing private networks doesn't count as surfing the web, just as long as those private networks aren't used to connect to the web and surf... which DOES count as surfing the web.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I suppose I'm in a similar but opposite boat than EX is. I can and have compensating for not having a license, even if urban sprawl makes it difficult in most places. On the other hand, the careers I'm looking to pursue pretty much require that I be able to access the internet.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah. I'd have to take the no vehicles approach as well.

I wonder if airplanes would be considered vehicles?