Nets Sign Jay Williams

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
The New Jersey Nets have signed free agent guard Jay Williams, Nets President Rod Thorn announced today. As per club policy, terms of the deal were not released. Originally drafted with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2002 NBA Draft by the Chicago Bulls, Williams averaged 9.5 points, 4.7 assists, 2.6 rebounds and 1.15 steals in 75 contests during the 2002-03 season. Following his rookie campaign, in which he was named to the NBA’s All-Rookie Second Team, Williams sustained severe leg and hip injuries in a motorcycle accident and has not appeared in an NBA contest since.
http://www.nba.com/nets/news/jwilliams_signed.html

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He will be playing behind Jason Kidd and Maurice Williams, so that means he'll be third option at Point Guard, but I bet he's very happy to be back in the NBA. After the mortorcycle accident, not a lot of people though he would be back playing in the league. It might take a while for him to get back to the same level he was three years ago. I am very happy to see him back in a uniform.

Dr. Fresh

Mmmm.... Lesbians.
I really liked this kid when I saw him a couple years back coming out of college and playing with the Bulls. It was EXTREMELY unfortunate that he had to have that motorcycle accident. You would be hearing his name a LOT more if things didn't go the way they did. He'd be a really good player, in my opinion. Regardless, GREAT to see him back in action.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with you if he never got into that motorcycle accident, he would be up there with the best point guards in league. But now he has a fresh new start, he probably as a lot to learn, and who better to learn then Jason Kidd, arguably the best point guard in the league. I am just hopeful that Williams didn't lose is speed.

Dr. Fresh

Mmmm.... Lesbians.
I'm sure he lost some speed and it'll definitely take some time to heal and it has taken a lot of time but it'll take more for him to get used to the in-game play and so forth.

R

Rodwoodson26

Its good see see him get a 2nd opportunity in the NBA. There were questions about him ever walking again,now he is back in the league.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am so happy that he got this second oppurtunity and I do hope he'll take advantage of it. I know he won't be the same player but he should become a good role player in this league. If he can become an elite player he was suppose to be then I'll be real happy for him. Because all the work he's putting in this come back.