• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nets Make Magloire Signing Official

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
RealGM Staff Report -
The New Jersey Nets have signed free agent forward/center Jamaal Magloire, Nets President Rod Thorn announced today. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not released.

“We are very pleased to add Jamaal to our roster,” said Thorn. “He is an experienced low post player who will add depth to our frontcourt rotation."

Magloire (6’11”/265), the seven-year NBA veteran out of Kentucky, played in 81 games for the Portland Trail Blazers in 2006-07, averaging 6.5 ppg and 6.1 rpg. In 23 starts, Magloire posted averages of 8.4 ppg and 8.1 rpg.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/47184/20070717/nets_make_magloire_signing_official/

zunami

Registered Member
Not a good fit on the Nets because of his lack of quickness. He's also pretty lazy so it will result in a loss of intensity having 2 lazy guys in the starting lineup (Carter). The Nets still look very good because of how weak the East is. Carter just has to play better in the playoffs.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I kinda like this because he's better then Jason Collins is. Plus I have a feeling that Jamal Magloire will come to trainning camp with a new attitude and in shape because I think he realizes that is playing days will not live forever and hes going to be in a good oppurtunity in New Jersey.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Could signing for the Nets, they get a strong guy on the inside who can rebound and score when need be, Nenad and Collins werent getting it done.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't say that Nenad wasn't getting it done, he was just injured for most of last season. Magloire is a better fit at the center position then Collins is, Magloire brings more to the table. He might lack quickness, but he's a warrior on the offensive rebounds. He's going to improve the Nets in so many different ways.

V

Vince_Carter_Can_Fly

good pickup by the Nets....they needed a big man, and added depth in that position. im interested in seeing how good he will work with Kidd/Carter next season.