Nets' Jefferson Leaves Heat Game With Ankle Injury

H

heykid

Nets' Jefferson Leaves Heat Game With Ankle Injury
AP - 11/11 - 2:38 AM EST
Nets forward Richard Jefferson left Friday night's game against the Heat midway through the third quarter with a left ankle injury.

Jefferson suffered the injury when he went up for a jump shot near the top of the key and landed on the foot of Miami's Shaquille O'Neal.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's never good when you jump and you land on someones foot. They say he'll be out indefiently, so we don't really know how long that is. We will learn in the next few days how long this injury will be. This is a big lost for the Nets because he's part of the big three, now the others will need to pick it up. I see Carter taking more shots, and having 30ppg. Like he did when he first joined the Nets.

D

DaKidAce

I was at this game on Friday and i was devastated when Jefferson went to the locker room. hopefully Antoine Wright or Marcus Williams can replace him in the starting line up cuz we are gonna really need someone to step up in his absence.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe that Wright if given a chance can be a good player, and he will need to step up in Jefferson absence. But I think most plays will go threw Vince Carter. But either way this is still a very big lost for the Nets, hopefully they'll continue having success.

Dr. Fresh

Mmmm.... Lesbians.
Jefferson is a key player for the Nets. If his injury is serious, then it will be horrible news for the Nets. I'm sure it's not serious at all, but we'll see about it. On the other hand, this gives Wright a chance to show us what he's got.

K

Kiwi

It's never good when you jump and you land on someones foot. They say he'll be out indefiently, so we don't really know how long that is. We will learn in the next few days how long this injury will be. This is a big lost for the Nets because he's part of the big three, now the others will need to pick it up. I see Carter taking more shots, and having 30ppg. Like he did when he first joined the Nets.
yea i think richard jefferson was a beneficial guy for the team, without him he miss out in our mid range jumpers. carter and kidd, even marcus williams have to step up....

O

onez88888888

That was the game when Vince cut his hand on a camera or something, thanks to Kidd's stupid pass. He can throw it over a little guy, not over a player like Shaq

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think that the RJ is that important in the regular season, don't get me wrong he'll be missed, and he's an amazing player, but as you already know the Atlantic division is very weak, and they only need Vince Carter and Jason Kidd to play well and they'll have their wins. He's more important in the playoffs, because they need everyone to be on their A game when the playoffs come around. So right now it's not all that important.

O

onez88888888

yeah, they have Vince scoring almost 30 ppg and Kidd is almost averaging a triple double:
15.7 ppg
9.3 apg
8.4 rpg

and I also think Williams and Wright can be good role players
and they have Krstic who keeps improving his game